Pioneer vs. Panasonic plasma

I'm in the market for a HD set and have been looking at LCD and Plasma and am probably going to buy a Pioneer plasma. The Pioneer (5070) just seems to have a better picture than any other plasma and most other TV's that I've seen.
Anyone else have any experiences to share on these sets?
Thanks,
Bill
mr_bill
Recently purchased the Panasonic TH50-PX60U... very pleased with it.

You can't really lose with either the Pana or Pioneer models.

I ultimately chose the Pana because it was somewhat cheaper (although the Pioneer had a slightly better PQ - by a nose) and it outperformed the Pioneer in standard def - which we will be stuck with for a little while longer.

Good Luck with your purchase!
When I purchased my plasma last year, I did a lot of side-by-side comparisons with the same content and same conditions. I compared Pioneer to Panasonic, LG, Phillips, Samsung and Hitachi. I found Pioneer to be superior. Having said that, when I started to compare price, size and PQ I chose Hitachi. I found the Hitachi PQ to be better than Panasonic and for a little more money I got 5 extra inches of viewing space. With approximately 97% of the PQ of a Pioneer and significantly lower price, the Hitachi became a no brainer. Some will argue the Panasonic PQ is better than the Hitachi. This past December I did another comparison check and I still don't think the Panasonic is better. The problem for American consumers is that they're just not exposed to Hitachi products, but in Japan they sell a ton of Hitachi plasmas.
Go for the Pioneer 5070..you won't be disappointed. I found that when comparing the Panasonic to the Pioneer plasma, the Pioneer had more accurate colors (perhaps a better color processor or different glass) and definitely a more attractive bezel. Whichever set you decide on, make sure you buy from an authorized dealer. I can refer you to where I purchased mine at a good price, just send me an email. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Either one will be good. Contrary to the above poster, I'd recommend 'not' going over to avsforum. AVSforum is the place of fanboys and ignorance for the most part.
Hi Goatwuss,

I found that NOTHING compares to actually checking the stuff out yourself in a store.

I check out AVSFORUM for news and issues regarding certain items and it is adequate for that use.

However, I find that you should take ALL forums with a grain of salt until you get to know who (or what) you can trust.

I did find that some tech stuff that was posted saved me a TON of time in doing some non-detailed "calibration" of some settings for my plasma.

Of course, like anything, YMMV.

- DeeCee