Power Conditioner Advice please...

I would be grateful for advice from the forum with regard to the following:

My system sounds significantly better in the evening/night than during the day and given that I live in a busy commercial area it would seem likely that I need to clean up the power. 

Ultimately, I will buy an AC regenerator but do not currently have the budget for that. I am therefore looking at a power conditioner and which I hope to buy pre-owned for under $/£1,000.

Given my amps draw a large wattage (peak 400w into 4ohms) I am nervous about placing a conditioner between them and the mains.

The other components:

1.     Auralic Aries - has its own external linear power supply.

2.     DEQX  -  “Nine separate power-supply regulation stages  including four that provide the main analog rails deliver extremely low measured distortion....

Where do you think I would be best to apply any power conditioning?

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Thanks very much

soma70
soma70,
I'm not an "expert", nor a shill; in fact I was a little skeptical about power conditioning as a concept. However, like you, and I assume many others, I noticed a marked improvement in sound in the wee hours, so I tried a power conditioner expecting very little gain in sound quality. I bought the Blue Circle PLC FX2 X0e because it seemed to offer the most bang for the buck. I was very pleasantly surprised! It afforded a clarity to the sound of music, that was not at all subtle. I suspect there are many more learned members whose experience  will advocate for some other device, and that's fine. This is why there are many options. I have not tried any other power conditioning devices; I can only tell you that that this one is enhancing my listening experience.
For obvious reasons most people will not want to bring an industrial transformer into their home, no matter the difference it makes. Commercial audio solutions are more appropriate for most people.
I have a PS Audio P5 which I am trying in place of a Blue Circle conditioner. So far I prefer the BC unit.
I use the Burmester 948 Power Conditioner and it suits my needs. The power cable is the  Burmester supplied one and have replaced the connectors with Furutech NCF connectors. 
My Pre, Power and CD/Dac are pure class A.