A bit of background:

Equipment:
Marantz SA-14 SACD player
Sonic Frontier Line 2SE preamp
Belles 150A Hotrod amp
Merlin VSM-M with BBAM

Setup and room:
diagonal placement
speakers about 5-6' apart and fairly close to the side walls in a 20'x20'x10' sloped ceiling room with a big opening into a 20'x12'x8' kitchen

I bought the Merlin's (VSM-SE) about 2 months ago and had Bobby upgrade them to the Millenium w/ BBAM. My question is how can I get more bass from them? These speakers are (were?) going to replace my Revel F30. The Revel's have the bass that I'm looking for, however, from maybe 100Hz on up, the Merlin's are much better. I just do not get the bottom end that the Revel's put out.

Integrate a sub? And if so, any suggestions?

Thank you,
david_berry

I have problems with bass,some bass freequencys are just not coming out......some cancellations .. tried different amps and Cd players whats 6th toe mod ... i am using VSM mme, AA Prestige, Fila with Cardas cables
what bass are you trying to get out of them?
what is the set up like in the room?
distance apart and how far are you from the speakers?
proximity to walls?
b
51 inches from the wall behind them, from front baffle ...6 feet apart tweeter to tweeter ...34 inches from the side wall to center of front baffle...in a room of 20feet long *12feet wide *9 feet heigh
I heard TSMs and VSMs in numerous systems. Imho VSMs sound is not as coherent as VSMs. I usually hear some midebass hump in VSMs removing deep bass from the audition

TSMs are imho one of the most revealing compact speakers I have heard. Congrats Bobby. My last audition of these compact monitor was with the big Ars Sonum (amazong sound)

If you have room acousic problems you should check your room frequency response trying to have the most accuracy levels. It is the only way, or at least the fastest way!!