Would you buy a 12-14 year old Integrated?

My local dealer has a McIntosh 6900 integrated amp for sale from original customer.  I'd like to know if you would be comfortable buying a model that is 12-14 years old and if SS equipment can lose SQ over time?  The price is right and I've wanted to try McIntosh.  Not really a post about the love or hate of McIntosh, but whether vintage gear can still be quality.  I'd like it to be my last Integrated purchase.  

On a side note, the price is right, but that said, for about $800 more, I could get into the MA7900.  What are your thoughts?
128x128dhpeck
Dhpeck, I have no problem purchasing used equipment and do so often. I generally like the components to be less than 10 years old, thinking this provides greatest usage time and thus return on investment. 

Now I must admit that have limited exposure to many of the available amplifiers of the time period under discussion, therefore my opinion is suspect. However, I have a hard time believing that an preamp, amp, or integrated costing 'X" today will out-perform one costing 2-3X made 10-15 years ago? ( Class D amps may be an exception.) I believe the coefficient to X to be valid referring to new vs used pricing on components of that age.  One must also remember that 'X' today is worth less than that of years past. 

Would I buy a 12 to 14 year old integrated,
If it was made by Gryphon you bet I would because it would still trounce most of today's integrateds.
Problem with used Gryphons is that you can almost always find them only in Europe. I saw a few previous generation Diablo for around $5k with phono stage - incredible bargain. I guess, you can run them with high quality step up transformer, or have Gryphon change the voltage. I would first try the transformer. Gryphon uses military grade parts, I wouldn't worry about the age of Gryphon if it is, say, under 25 years, and might take a risk even if over it. With some service, once or twice, Gryphons should last a lifetime.