Mark Levinson 27.5 versus modern day amps

I had started a thread on the 334 but looks like the caps if not replaced is a crap shoot. However, how does the 27.5 compare to some modern day or newish amps? Do you think it would be worth it to purchase a 27.5 as they seem to be going for $1800 to $2700.  Upwards of $2200 is ridiculous in my opinion as they used to sell for $1700-$2000 a few years ago. Also what preamps mate well with ML amps? 
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
Mark Levinson 27.5 is by far the best amp I have ever owned.
I have owned (not just tried)......

- BAT VK-55 all tube
- Levinson 331
- Audio Research VT-100 II
- Pass Labs X250 (worst)
- Bel Canto EVO 4 gen II
- Gamut D200
- Many others

The 27.5, although an older design (Circa 1992), beats them all by a large margin.  It allows the listener to view into the performance better than any other with no grain or hardness to the sound.  All other amps seem to contribute some type of coloration to the sound of the music.  The 27.5 seems to remove all barriers that may restrict the pleasure of listening.

This one is a keeper and I will have it until I die.

Thanks for the reply Ernie.  You and I obviously have great tastes in amps lol.  I bought your VK-55 and purchased a gently used 27.5 couple of weeks ago and totally agree. There is no grain or edginess to the sound. Just pure music.  I have had a smile on my face every time I listen to it. I have had several amps over the years and the 27.5 has been my favorite. Funny you think the Pass X250 is the worst because again I agree. Had one on loan and couldn't stand the midrange.  The bass was great but maybe my speakers which I consider neutral were NOT a good match. The Pass needs a very warmish speaker IMO. 
Hey Sam.  I did not realize this was your thread.  Congratulations on your purchase of the 27.5!   A very smart move!   Isn't it strange that such an old amp like the 27.5 beats out most of the current high end stuff?  Are you keeping the VK-55?  The VK-55 is better than all amps that I've listed but I believe the 27.5 is better than the VK-55 overall.  However, I think the VK-55 has more bloom in the lower midrange...great for female voices.  Yes, you are right about the Pass.  It is initially impressive but does not hold up in the long run due to it's brightness and hardness.
Hopefully you will keep both amps, they are both great amps.
I'm glad I finally saw a thread where someone mentions the Pass Labs amp in the way you two have.

A long-time and consistent sacred cow.  Had one once.  Tried to juggle things around it.  Ultimately could not for the life of me understand where all the adoration comes from.  A solid state amplifier for people who think they know what a tube amplifier sounds like, except they don't.  One of the easiest pieces to unload, and I couldn't have felt happier about that.  Not the worst amplifier I've tried, but a COMPLETELY overrated product