Need help selecting a system with Tidal streaming (Maybe MQA) and speakers for around $1k.

A’goners,

Need some help getting this temp system purchased. In about 2 weeks will be moving to a small home in SoCal, then in 6 months back to Pacific NW apartment most likely for 5 months. My room sizes will be small to medium, 10x12-14ft. This will be my system for these two moves then possibly relegated to a bedroom/listed on this site once I get to a permanent location.

My main goal is to limit my expenditure (as I will need to upgrade my old system once I have a permanent place) and spend around $1k for this system. I’m new to digital but streaming seems the way to go so I don’t have to drag around CDs or LPs and I don’t have any high rate digital files, nor do I plan on purchasing many during my traversing the West Coast. I plan on streaming Tidal and was hoping MQA if that fits in the budget and the system is able to perform well enough to discern the MQA difference. I know I could use a computer as a source for this but don’t currently own one and there goes the budget if I purchase a new laptop.

I understand the $1k can be quite limiting and could stretch it a bit but would really like to stay in that ballpark. I started looking at powered speakers, Vanatoo One, Paradigm Shift A2, Audioengine A2+, A5+, HD6 and passives like HDP6, Elac B6, QAcousics 3020, Kef Q150, Monitor Audio Bronze 2, Warfedale Diamond 220 and Focal Aria 905 all because of size, price and recommendation. I haven’t listened to any of these except the Elacs. Not having the time now to listen to some/all these I am asking for some experienced, sage advice on the speakers and whole system direction. I am aware that stand mounted/bookshelf speakers will be a sacrifice in the deep bass( not a bass head anyway) but would like to have some accuracy and a good wide soundstage if possible.

That brings me to the source and I understand it’s based on if I go the powered vs passive speaker route. I’m not sure if it’s possible to go the passive speaker route and still get Tidal streaming and integrated amp for the budget stated. This is where I get stuck, so please respond with your ideas even if it’s to say it can’t be done for the budget I have.

BTW, I listen to mostly rock, jazz, blues, and classical in that order if that helps. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks greatly for your input. Please let me know if this is in the wrong category, since it was about speakers and source wasn’t sure where to post.

revreed
The measurements may not be good, but that article was a glowing review and stereophile went on to include it on their list of recommended components.

In trying to build a complete and easily portable system for the OP’s price point, I think it is at least worthy of consideration. Regardless of the measurements, it’s gotten great reviews and several awards so it must sound pretty decent. I’m not saying it is THE solution, only that it is worth checking out...especially if the speaker the OP auditioned was well liked.

NAD D3020 would be a similar option.
Thanks to all responders for your input. I will look at the Chromecast. Any other suggestions for a DAC/pre/amp streaming Tidal would be appreciated.

@mattmiller Will definitely look at the Outlaw receiver and Sonica. Stereophile Dec 2017 just reviewed it and gave it a "highly recommended".

@willemj  Thanks for the on/off tip, especially if this ends up in a small bedroom. I will look into the Behringer DAC, hadn't heard of this one. Luckily I will be traveling by car so while not as tight as flying I still would need to have something on the transportable size, especially if it's eventually going into a smaller bedroom.

@mesch  I am definitely leaning toward powered speakers to eliminate the amp/pre purchase. My concern is that they won't sound as good as similarly priced passive speakers. I am eager to see the recommendations for a DAC/pre/amp streamer too.

@ethos123 I will look at the Sprout and thanks for the Bluesound suggestion, I have looked at the Powernode 2 and Node 2 but didn't think of the Auralic mini. As for the Elac B6s, they sounded better playing louder than a background level, fit an finish were less than thrilling but for the price something I could live with but not powered.

@shadorne Interesting suggestion but definitely need speakers as wife isn't into headphones, I certainly am though. I already have an older iPad w/IOS 9 so that might work as the front end.

Dedicated streamers have the problem that you need an app for every service you want to listen to. If there is none, you are stuck (as with many smart tv's). Devices like the Chromecast are so common that no service can afford not to provide an app.
A Sonos Connect/Amp is a very small and clean looking alternative, with 2x55 watt output. It is not that cheap, however, and you are stuck inside their ecosystem.
Re: Speakers. I had my heart set on the Q150s and they’ve been everything I could have asked for. Plus, they’re small, look cool, a winner in every sense. 

Before that, I auditioned the B6s for two weeks. Fine speakers, not quite up to the KEFs, but at half the price, why should they be? I still have them. (Long story.) Brand new and yours for $200 plus shipping from NYC. 
elac f6 + bluesound node + signal cable Analog One interconnects +  SignalCable Classic Speaker Cables + vincent audio sv500

ok, so that would be 2k.