Kharma 3.2 Owners, your thoughts...

I currently own a pair of the Kharma 3.2 Enigma Reference Speakers and after playing them for over 600 hours, they still sound etched and non-organic sounding. I also have new Kharma Grand-reference speaker cables with over 300 hours in them.
My amps are Lamm ML2, 2 years old.
Will these babies ever sing?
henry_10023
Strange, that's top class gear. I've heard your equipment NEW & it didn't sound "etched". It must be something in the set-up; speaker placement, upward chain...
My other components are as follows:
Conrad Johnson Premier-16 Series-2 Preamp
Lamm LP2 Phono Preamp
Basis 2001 Turntable with Grahm 2.2 Arm and Ruby 2 Cartridge
Rega Jupiter Cd Player
Dedicated Lines, P300 Power conditioner on source equipment
Interconnects: Synergistic Looking Glass
My room, 12 X 18, speakers 5 feet apart, TV above Amps.
| | | | | | |CHAIR C O U C H | |_________________________________ |
Henry,
Certainly someone will come back and say that the rest of your equipment isnt up to snuff. I am one of the few that doesnt enjoy the "Kharma" sound. Build quality is amazing as is staging capabilities, but I always find the sound to be clinical or etched as you've described. Not to mention the limp bass! To me, it is the prototypical audiophile speaker..............GREAT on 10 min demos, poor in terms of long term listening satisfaction. Just my opinion and I am DEFINITELY in the minority here. By the way, my comments apply to the 1.0's, 3.2's and their 80k plus model (not the newest version).
Take the P300 out and listen again, this is killing an otherwise great system. Try it it won't cost you a dime