I have joined in the ZYX Family

Funny how change comes about. I’ve been intending to get a tube preamp for years 10-12 years. Instead, I got a tube amp which sounds great. . Tube amp with SS preamp sounds GREAT. FWIW, the SS Preamp was a Stereophile Class A Conrad Johnson PFR. So, its not like I was shooting in the dark. The PFR is a really good preamp. And the Bob Latino ST-70 seems to be a great fit along with the Silverline Sonatas. So I set out to get my turntable up to its optimum. I have a Teres 340 which has an Origin Live Illustrious 3 with Benz Ebony L cartridge. I put the OL Illustrious on it as a temporary arm. I figured the Teres deserved much better. But Maybe I am wrong. It sounds great. However, being an audiophile, I can’t leave it alone. So I set out to get a new tonearm worthy of the Teres 340. But then someone reminds me that a cartridge will make more difference than a tonearm upgrade, especially since the tonearm is a pretty good one. . So I consider the idea and come across a ZYX 4D for a good price. Thank you Raulirigueus(sp) for the idea. In the process, I saved some $$$ too. I’ve wanted a ZYX for quite some time. NOW, I see what all the fuss is about. This cartridge is fabulous. Next up is to clean the electric. Oneac seems to be a good way to go. But, who knows. My plans often go sideways. But I’ve really made some big steps forward thanks to some good advice and the good Lord above who over rules my ignorance. FWIW I often pity those who miss the beauty of good music. I love it. Thanks for your help along the way.
128x128artemus_5
Well, each next model pretend to be an improvement (same with ZYX), if your NOS sample of TRX-2 has Saphire cantilever then nothing wrong with it and it’s hard to argue, but you may have a beryllium cantilever/stylus from TRX-3 on your used TRX-2 cartridge? Good for you, because the difference is in the replacement (stylus/cantilever), not in the generator. The price for TRX-2 was 48000Yen (1986-1989), but for the TRX-3 the price was 60000Yen till 1989. It’s nice to have a replacement stylus from the next and more expensive model than from the previous less expensive model (like in case with gregaudio), but i think someone just replaced the needle on your used TRX-2 to RTRX-3 from TRX-3. Do you like the sound quality?
Chakster: 

Your initial post that I quoted made no reference specifically to this type of construction on boron only and seemed to imply (at least to me) it was not available at all on any type of cantilever which is why I responded; simply to point out that it is available, albeit on a material other than boron.  

Probably available on diamond cantilever as well from Namiki. 
@hdm my fault, sorry
we need J.Carr back to explain everything, it’s him and in this video talking about reincarnation of the Miyabi cartridges under Fuuga name: https://youtu.be/NBsvjvhaCbo It was nice to see the personalities behind this project. 
No problem at all Chakster. I found it interesting to see that Namiki may be doing this kind of laser mounting on a diamond cantilever.

I understand fully that many do not like to re-cantilever when they retip but as someone who has been very happy with that kind of job done on a number of cartridges (I think there can be a very good opportunity in many cases to actually improve a high quality body/generator with a better cantilever/stylus, notwithstanding the fact that the cartridge will not be "original" and to have an older cartridge that is now "supercharged" so to speak and offers very high value) so I found it interesting that Namiki may be doing this on diamond cantilevers.

Perhaps Zyx is sourcing this type of laser mounted stylus on diamond from Namiki for their new top model? In the future, it may even be available as a top of the line option from retippers perhaps?

In any event, the more information out there, the better for all of us!

One month later & I'm still enjoying the 4D. Playing with the loading now. 100 was good. 470 opens it up with more air. But its too disperse. IOW, sound stage is without good focus on some albums. Guess I need some resisters to make some loading plugs. 300 will split the difference. 100 & 470 are both good....but not optimum IMO

FWIW, I haven't tried 47k which I ran my LOMC Benz  Ebony L at with great success. However Benz is setup to do 47k. From what I have read, Mr Luschadek recommended trying 47K.