Tekton Electron has been released

As expected, the Tekton Double Impact received a 5 star rave-up from Home Theatre Review. The reviewer made mention of a smaller version for those of us with smaller rooms. I shot Eric Alexander an email at about 8:30 last night and was surprised to receive a reply a few minutes later. He said that the scaled down version, which he named the Electron, had just gone live on his website a few minutes earlier.

I haven't heard any of his speakers yet, but I am really curious, especially about this one. I'm sure that conspiracy theorists will have plenty to say about the reviewer, and the weird patent (they already have savaged the patent, and I don't really blame them), but I am not as suspicious as some, and I think these speakers must be pretty good, or they wouldn't keep getting such enthusiastic reviews from users as well. I want to hear these speakers!  

128x128roxy54
@david_ten

I believe everything in your system has a huge influence with these type of speakers. I have a Primaluna Integrated amp that I will setup with the Electrons soon and report my findings. I just want to run the course with the Lyngdorf and see if I can get it to my liking.

With my previous setup I was able to enjoy all my cd's pretty much, I feel I am getting closer with the Electrons. I might need to try a copper based Digital Cable. Maybe something like Purist Audio or the Acoustic Zen Absolute Copper Digital Cable. If you have recommendations, let me know please.
@aniwolfe   It will be interesting to hear about the differences between the 2170 and the PrimaLuna. I'm fairly sure the Electrons, if like the DIs, will 'highlight' each. 

No recommendations because I feel these choices are so system and personal preference dependent.

I personally prefer copper cables and have Audience Au24 SX speaker cable and Cardas Clear Reflection XLR ICs. I've also had Cardas USB adaptors, etc on the digital side, but am currently evaluating  a set of 4 USB cables. For my Focal Utopia headphones, I use DanaCable Lazuli Reference which is also a copper cable.
The Electron has been updated on Tekton's website, now shows the 8" SB woofers and dome tweeters.
@david_ten

Comparing the Primaluna and Lyngdorf. is a bit unfair especially with Electrons speakers in a untreated room. The room correction in the Lyngdorf puts it at a much higher advantage. If I had a well treated room then I would give a respectful comparison.

In an untreated room the Primaluna and the Electrons were terrible and it should. The bass was extremely boomy and the soundstage was shot.

With the Eminent Technology LFT 8bs (dipoles) which love tube volts and a room that is alive, the Primaluna was amazing. Great amp...just needs the right room and stuff around it.

@aniwolfe   Yes, not a fair fight or comparison.

Have you considered an external / software solution for room correction? That would allow for a more direct comparison.

The other would be to remove and turn the correction off in the Lyngdorf.