Hum in one speaker?

Hi, ive been having this hum thats been comming out of my right magnapan speaker. Well first thing is that my whole system is on the right side of the room and the speaker is right next to the equipment but its been like this for years and I never had a hum before. This seems to happen when using the turntable but only with certain albums that have been recorded at a low levels causing me to turn up the pre amp past 12o clock. Recently I put my speakers on mye stands with magic sliders and I dont know if that may have caused an issue or mabey its a bad vaccume tube? I tried moving the speaker around the room didnt seem to do much but the hum seems at its worst at the best listening spot (go figure). Mabey its my cartridge? I dont know but right now my turntable is about 30 inches away from the speaker. The hum is not horrible but when the music gets quiet it can be annoying. I did swap the speakers and with the tweeters on the outside the hum seems to be worse not better.
barruch86
Try turning on the turntable, turn up the volume some and move the tonearm across the platter slowly. If you don't hear a hum at first but do when the tonearm is moved across the platter, relocate your ground wire. Best of luck.
Post removed 
Hi thanks guys for your input! So far I eliminated about 98% of the hum! What I did first is I put the speakers back to tweeters on the inside. Then I Moved the amp and the turntable as far away from the preamp as I could. Then I played the same record that was causing the issue and it was much better!. I think I narrowed it down to the preamp because when the record is over I can still hear a slight hum so I tapped my finger on my arc sp8 preamp and I can hear a thumping hum noise when I tap then it goes away. Then when I take the needle off the record its back to dead silence. So mabey its a bad tube or just the transformers of the amps need some space or the turntable needs some space, but the fact that I got a positive result so far is encouraging.
Well I think I found the culprit it was the turnable/interconnects. What happened was I found a piece of granite that I used to use as a cuttingboad from my kitchen lol. I thought this would be a good idea to stick under the preamp and try to isolate it from the other components. Well when I put it under the preamp nothing changed. So I decided to put the turntable on it and when I played a record all of the sudded only sound was comming out of the left speaker. I looked at the interconnects and they were in there and so was the ground wire so I moved the wire around and all of the sudden the sound came back on! And the hum was completely gone! This is weird because the interconnects are brand new and they werent loose. The ground wire was a little loose but still in there tight so I think its strange but its definitely related to the turntable.
"01-24-15: Barruch86
Hi thanks guys for your input! So far I eliminated about 98% of the hum! What I did first is I put the speakers back to tweeters on the inside. Then I Moved the amp and the turntable as far away from the preamp as I could. Then I played the same record that was causing the issue and it was much better!"

Something isn't right about how you fixed your problem. I doubt that moving the speakers was the solution. Are you absolutely sure all of you cables are in good shape, no loose connectors or any other type of damage? It could be that when you were moving stuff around, you moved the cables in such a way as to make a better connection, and just didn't realize it. I could be wrong, of course, but still wouldn't be a bad ides to check all the cables and connections again.