Clearaudio Innovation Wood or shoot for the stars Techdas AF 3

I currently have a VPI Prime turntable with a Benz Micro LPS-MR cartridge and a Simuaudio 610 lp phono stage. I was about to upgrade to Clearaudio Innovation Wood with probably a Kuzma 4-point arm when my wife says that this better be my last turntable upgrade and she said I could spend more for as long as I never ( never probably means 5 years, I hope ) upgrade my turntable again. This got me looking at the new Techdas AF5 ( just launched at the recent Tokyo Audio Show). However my dealer prefers  of course the more expensive AF 3  with a Graham arm. Although, he can also do  Kuzma except I have to wait for an armboard as most Techdas armboards are already pre-drilled to fit Graham's. I have heard the Clearaudio extensively in a friends place with the Universal arm and Mysonic Lab Signature Gold and its sounds great but I have never heard the AF3's. Though I have heard the AF1 in another friends system which costs  probably 20 times mine and it sounded beyond this world ( at least for me). Hoping that the trickle down technology on the AF3 will get me 80%-90% of the sound of the AF1. 

Now, the question is which table to get? Assuming home audition is not possible ( but of course I will try ). The cost of the AF3 will leave me broke ( to do anymore upgrades to my system) but hopefully happy and satisfied.  The technology on this thing alone makes me want to buy it. The awesome reviews help too. The Clearaudio also has good reviews. I've heard it, it also sounds wonderful and quite a few people here own them and  it leaves me wiggle room too to upgrade some other stuff ( ARC REf phono 3 perhaps or  an additional cartridge for different flavor ) . Though I noticed that owner's keep them for a few years ( from my back reading of threads ) but still upgrade to much higher priced turntables ( hence my hesitation ) as this is  sort of the "last table for life" kind of situation. 

This a once in a lifetime deal ( because of the wife's blessing and the amount involved ). I don't think she'll give me another chance like this one .  Hoping your thoughts/inputs can point me to the right direction. Thanx.

PS. Please do not suggest other brands, due to availability and dealer relationships these are already my finalists, so let's limit the discussion to the 2 above mentioned turntables.
attymbb

If this is going to be your last upgrade for quite .a while, upgrading the phono stage would definitely have to be in the mix for me. A better phono stage will have a huge impact on the sound. 

Another table you should consider is the AMG Viella 12 Turntable and Tonearm. Check out the reviews. I am a huge Clearaudio fan and own the Clearaudio Perfomance DC with the AMG Teatro cartridge but if I could afford anything else, at any price, I would go for the AMG. Check out the following review where he compares the Clearaudio TT to the AMG:

https://www.dagogo.com/amg-viella-v12-turntable-review/

Of course, this is my personal opinion and YMMV. Good Luck!

inna, 
         my wife may not object to a phono stage or a cartridge upgrade ( though definitely not this year)  but after this my bank account will be the one objecting.

downunder,

i can barely afford the kuzma that's why I am going for the 9"tonearm only, cheaper but good enough. a good tracker with a captive cable and rca junction box to boot. This saves me easily a grand on a din tonearm cable if i go for a different tonearm manufacturer. i doubt i cant stretch my budget to accommodate a Thales arm. I maxed out as it is.

analogluvr,

I do agree that the Benz is a bit fat but it's a very musical cart. It doesn't standout on any genre but can play them all decently. Also, my phonostage is a Simaudio Moon 610lp  and not the ARC Reference 3. I am thinking of upgrading to that for better synergy since my pre-power are both ARC and it has 2 inputs.

nkonor,

i wish i had your patience, to plan 1 year + for your endgame TT is beyond my powers of self control. I got to get moving on something soon. I can barely sleep at night thinking about it. i used to be a cd guy,  I have over 2000 of those but have been listening to about a handful for the last 3 years since I got into vinyl which surprised me as I now  have about a couple of hundred LP's already as well. An ultrasonic cleaner is also on my list but way down the batting order, I can live with my VPI HW 16.5 in the meantime.

lostbears, 

if i go the af3  route I wont have any money left for a phonostage, nor a cartridge. That is the sad fact. But the possibility of owning one of these exotic but highly technical,very musical turntables is terribly exciting. It's the cost that's giving me nightmares and cold feet. 

joey54,

my network  of dealers doesn't carry AMG. 

Actually, a Kronos Sparta was part originally  part of the equation with a Helena arm. The cost of which is almost similar to the Af3 but I didn't get the feeling that it would be a last TT for life kind of thing for me ( unless it's the pro which I could never afford) . So, I decided on a lesser priced but very good table( Innovation) but with wiggle room for some possible other upgrades.
    I should be able to get the hear the Af3 sometime this week.   
Post removed