what speakers to buy

so this is my 1st time posting. the question is what speakers. i am going into this blind trying to put together a decent system on a budget. i live in a city where bose is considered the high end of high end and the nearest audiophile shops are hours away.
over the years i have owned a lot of vintage gear and still collect some of it. solid state and tube. some of the tube gear was marantz, macintosh, dynaco, heathkit, radio craftsmen, pilot etc. also the usual solid state marantz, pioneer, kenwood, adcom. speakers jbl, polk, altec (model 19 and vott), paradigm, klipsch, bozak, sansui, AR, advent. all the usual suspects
so far i have purchased a copland tube pre cta-305 and a pair of rogue audio m180 amps. all mint condition all under a year old for under half price of new. i also have a denon DP-60L TT 
(with sumiko pearl cartridge)
speaker budget is around 5000 give or take a 1000. if i'm patient i think i can find something that was originally in the 12-20k price range for what i want to spend.
so far i am leaning towards ew andra ii, dali euphonia 800, canton reference 3.2, revel studio ii. size is also a factor and all of these are within that limit.
i have a fairly large area open concept living /dinning and breakfast nook with high ceilings.
and i know "dont buy without listening" but not an option
so looking for some opinions/options

after speakers i will be getting tuner, cd and music server, current interconnects and speaker wire are all ZU mission

dragonbutx
Pranafidelity Bhava or the Vayu
They are speakers you can enjoy and connects with the soul of music.

jjaudiosolutions.com

st Louis area  audio stores

at home theatre design 63367

the sound room  63005

music for pleasure  63119

hey buellrider97 great post. i really like the rogues and copland pre so far and feel i got really good prices on them. as for cables i am currently using zu mission 
 i keep looking at all the suggestions and reading. have to say i keep coming back to legacy, revel and focal. have a feeling it is going to be one of those brands there is a pair of legacy signature III fairly near me that are looking pretty good.
so much nice stuff out there (wow) but when it comes down to it i just want it to sound good not perfect
i once had vtl mono block kt88 amps with an early 1960s mac clone pre (brand gott big) on some 1970s yamaha middle of the line speakers. i was walking through the room and stopped dead in my tracks because i couldnt believe how nice it sounded. not a lot of money in it but just very pleasing. 
thanks everyone for the suggestion
I'm loving my harbeth c7es3 for 3400 dollars tiger ebony!  The sound is amazing and it matches with many amps.  Mcintosh amp and preamp sounded great!  Rogue cronus magnum ii was good too, but mcintosh was king when we did an a/b comparison.  Even my buddy thought they sounded unbelievable with mcintosh.   He's ready to consider them for his second system.  
If you're wanting speakers with textbook measurements, and all the typical audiophile wow factors, Revel, Focal Utopia, B&W 800s and the like will deliver as good as any. 

If you want end game speakers that you won't grow tired of 3 years from now, look toward the British brands such as Spendor, ProAC, and ATC, but consider Vandersteen as well. These speakers don't have the cabinet bedazzling, or over-hyped material buzzwords. What they do have is realistic PRaT and the ability to let you listen for hours with zero fatigue. These brands have the musicality factor that so many others forego in their quest for chest thumping bass and "look what I can do" dynamics.

Focal, Revel, Golden Ear and similar ilk are like a hot and wild girlfriend. They're great fun for a while, but not the ones you want to settle down with for the long haul.