Mini System

A friend is retiring and wants a mini system for his kitchen.  He is considering a Bose Waveguide but is willing to accommodate small speakers.  He listens primarily to CD and Internet Radio.  Budget around $500.  Any ideas?
mahler123
I recently bought my 3rd Deepblue (1 version 1 and two 2's) as a gift for a friend. After about a month it just crapped out. Since it was still under warranty I contacted Peachtree, described the situation, and was immediately sent a work order. 

Quick. Professional. 

Just for kicks i asked them if they had any plans to sync with the now all-over-the place Amazon Echo - since the DB2 is Bluetooth and the Echo is wifi they ain't presently sympatico.  I use the aux jack since I found the Bluetooth connection experiences annoying dropouts, etc. 

I listened to the Sonos Play5 speaker and, while a very okay speaker, the DB2 is a far better and cheaper speaker. Way better. 

Peachtree said they will be releasing a DB2 "SKY" in early 2018 which will offer a wifi connection. Woohoo!
If your friend can wait, the apple homepod will likely be a simple and easy solution (assuming they have an iphone), with airplay to allow them to stream their amazon music or whatever.  Comes out in December.