Best processor/switcher/scaler for new ht system ?

I am building a HT from my sacd multi channel system. So far I have a Sony sacd and a sony p9000 es multi channel preamp, it has no processor. I am putting the 5.1 analog outputs from the sacd player and the 5.1 outs from a oppo player through it. Then using the bypass on my 5.5 vtl preamp.These are balanced to front left and right, and into vtl mb450 mono blocks ,then to B&W 802ds.For the center I am going to another vtl mb450 but with rca to the center channel ,to a B&W HTM1d.The rears I am using a unbalanced stereo conrad johnson mv75a.In addition to the sacd and oppo, my sources are a vpi scout, macintosh mr78 tuner ,playsation2,Xbox360 and hd cable box. I have put component cables from my optoma Hd70 to a radio shack hd componet switcher and am not happy with pq on the xbox or hdcable and its only two channel,I have run an hdmi from the projector as well, direct to the oppo player and it work great but no imputs to access the processor. The hd70 only has one hdmi imput.
So need something for the HD cable and games {plan on getting a playstation 3 when they become available}, right now I have them running 2 channel going via the vtl5.5.
I am not concered with two channel because I have the (5.5) The piece doesn't need to have tuner(mr78) or phono (vtl phono preamp ). I would like it to upscale,but the hd70 only outputs 720p or1080i.It doesn't need a second seperate zone. I would prefer to buy the best but not waste money on things I already covered. Important to have great scaling,switching and surround sound. Thanks for any help.
chayes
i would avoid an 'all-in-one' processor/switcher/scaler for both video and audio. the Video side is changing too fast to justify getting today's SOTA video connections in your audio processor. you will get very frustrated when the new source hardware you desire won't be optimized thru even a 3 month old all-in-one audio/video processor.

the exception would be if you are choosing to ignore Blue-Ray, HD-DVD and SOTA cable and satellite. if conventional DVD and 720p HD are as far as you are going in the next 5 years in the video direction then any current one-box all-in-one video/audio processor will do just fine. most recievers built in the last 2 years can handle 720p switching.

it's better to have a separate video scaler/video switcher and then output the digital audio from that into your existing audio processor. all your video sources will soon use HDMI 1.3 which will also carry lossless hi-rez multi-channel.

the best current scaler/video switcher is the Crystalio II from Pixel Magic. it is software upgradeable via a USB port and will soon be HDMI 1.3 compatable as well as do Picture-in-Picture. it outputs 1080p and will accept any current video source connection at any resolution and then upscale to any resolution.

it is the best and should be ideal as the hub of the very best HT systems.
Thanks Mike,
That is a great idea to break it up,but I think Crystalio11 though looks awesume, might be a little over kill considering my hd70 wont output 1080p and the price should come down buy the time I upgrade the projector.
Whats the best scaler that outputs 720p? But I still need a ssp.
Thanks Craig
Craig, i would strongly recommend going to www.avsforum.com, going to the video processor forum, and then searching for that. AudioGon is great for audio.....but AVS is where all the info is on video.

i am not current on your specific question; but have recently been researching 1080p solutions. i just purchased Blue Ray and HD-DVD and am about to upgrade from a 720p DLP front projector to a 1080p front projector.

currently i own the Lexicon MC-12 processor; which will do HD component switching. i need a digital HDMI switcher which led me to AVS and the Crystalio II.

good luck.
Craig,

Have you looked into the Anthem Statement D2??

Great sound and an excellent video processor as well.