Streaming vs traditional

My son is talking about the "lossless" audio one can stream.  I have a good collection of CD's as well as a couple of TT and LP's with more than than I should invested in both.  (some may say too much, some may say not enough)  Anyway, thought I would come to a relative neutral forum to ask for reviews on the streaming audio.  It kinda reminds me of the Bluray and Betamax wars of years past-no standard version/format yet.  I guess it's relatively in it's infancy with lots of software and format devices on the market.  I love the convenience of CD's and the warmth and ambience of analog.  So-what's up with the streamers?
handymann
Post removed 
Hello All,

Just my humble 2cts. We all choose our music and our playback systems. I have had songs come on the car radio ( never put a good system in any of my vehicles) but at times; I have been blown away by the song on the radio. Bought the CD, thought it would do the same on my current system. NOT !!

I am fairly certain that all of us on this forum and others are searching to get the best sound we can. Whatever way is to our liking.

May I suggest / remind that we All take a break; An evening out for some Live Music is Best.

Best to All on this Journey.
" To the best of my knowledge Meridian have never published any of their work in a scientific journal."

Correct, which makes their data equivalent to the study you referenced, not worth much.

willemj, no one is making anyone listen to MQA.  The streaming services will eventually charge a premium for MQA and we will be able to decide for ourselves whether we want to pay extra for MQA or not.   If anyone wants to listen at cd quality or mp3 quality they will be free to do so.  I am all for choice in listening options.  So what is the problem?