Magico S5 vs KEF Blade 2 vs TAD Evo One vs YG Kipod II Sig w/pwr bass

Opinions please. All are Used and are the same very good price but The Y&G are $4000 less which is nice.

KEF Blade 2

TAD Evolution One

Y&G Kipod II Signature w/Pwr Bass module

Magico S5

Would love your thoughts any thoughts on any please! Being all used and in good shape these are all within $500 of each other used price but Y&G and those had highest list but know to be good used deals because they are pretty serious speakers.

I think as far as used speakers in the great value - now less than 1/2 price but still new enough to provide great performance these are some different but pretty serious speakers. Please any and all feedback totally welcomed and is super helpful 

Source: Bricasti M1SE DAC 

Preamp: Parasound JC2 Pre

Amp: Pass Labs X350.5 Amp

IC: Darwin TRUTH Balanced

SC: HiDiamond D8 w/Furutech

PC: HiDiammond P3 (7)

AC: HiDiamond HDX2 

Transport: microRendu 1.4 and full suite of UpTone Audio Premium Power Supplies (2)x LPS-1 and (1) JS-2 LPS - (2) Regens - ISO and Amber and custom Canare DC cables for all / Tellarium Q Black Diamond USB cable and Curious Regen Link

Room is 12 x 23 w/Cathedral Ceilings - 15 Foot a peak 

Music: Assorted Music no metal or loud hard rock anymore really - not much Large Scale classical either but everything else.

Likes: Transparency- Delicate-linear-Dynamic-Fast - high resolution-microscope but not sterile not etched or lifeless - I know there is a fine Line here but I'm looking to walk it and come out on the right side - but real see through into the music - transparent to the source because I love my DAC - there more everything else sound more like my DAC the closer I'm getting to where I want to go as close as possible - image and sound stage lover - tight bass - hate flab - like speed and transparency as my selection choices might speak to

Coming from: Rethm Saadhana V3 speakers which I love and are incredible but want to try something else. 

Love any feedback about matching or equipment matching or one or multiple of these - what you heard at shows or whatever. Love more Info on these.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
I wish I could afford the S3 MKII or Q3 - thanks so much for the response though !!! 

To put in perspective - we are talking $10,000 to $14,500 

Here are the ones that have / are being considered.

I need a pre too so less on speakers leaves room for a pre :) 

Magico S5 - $14,000
Magico S3 - $11,000
Magico S1 MKII - $10,400

KEF Blade - $14,000
FEF Blade 2 - $13,750

Focal Sopra 3 - $12,000

Vivid K1 - $14,200
Vivid B1 - $6,000

YG Kipod Sig II Pwrd $10,000

Rockport Atria I - $12,500

TAD Evolution One $14,000

Revel Ultima Studio2 - $6,000

Raidho XT-3 $7,000

Verity Sarastro II - $10,000

if you guys had to chose right now what the best speaker for the money - the money matters but can afford any one on this list and buy them now - today - what ones - any jump of the page ??? 

Thanks so much !!! 

Leaders:

Magico S5
KEF Blade 
Sopra 3 - maybe I just like them for some reason but not at same level everyone likes to point out. 

Best Value maybe:

Varity Sarastro II - $10,000
Vivid B1 - $6000
Raidho X-3 - $7000

Decisions - Decisions :) 

You should go to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver about two weekends from now. You can see and hear most if not all of these speakers in one place.

Given the amount you are going to spend it is a worthwhile trip. Who knows maybe you will find a too good to refuse show special.

If you like the Magico sound you should pay attention to comments from ebm.

My choice from your list would be Rockport, and my choice not from your list would be Wilson Benesch.

Best Regards,

Jim Perry
Thanks Jim - appreciate the feedback!! WB - I should check those never thought of them. There is a pair on here - the model 60 or something with 60 in the name and he says only ones in US but seem older and kind of expensive but only because I know nothing about them!

thanks again. 
" Really, KEF? Not even in the same zipcode as Magico or YG. The TAD is just plain harsh, so even though it’s detailed, it’ll drive you batty. I’ve also seen people recommending Focal... Must be jokers, for sure..."

Jokes on you buddy, Go for a hearing test, get’ em fixed, and then go and listen to everything listed here. The Blades, to my amazing ears, are the best of the bunch. They disappear to the point where you do not even know they are there,. All the other speakers do not do that, Even with mid-level amplification the Blades do that.

The Magico’s are alright but nut in the class of the Blades in this disappearing act. The Thiel CS 3.7 was also good at that. My second choice over anything listed in this thread.

BTW - $$ do not represent the best. Individual tastes matter and also marketing.
Lol... That's funny I thought you were killing the Blades - people either love them or hate them though that's for sure. I would have thought they would have more fans to be honest! 

As the prices I listed above show most are 40% to 60% off retail and I'm not going to go to a dealer and use them just to listen when I know I'm buying used for the simple reason of 60% discount is not something they could swing unless they had a trade and they are close enough which none are.

Dealers have it tough enough without me using a room a buyer from them could use but I do wish I could hear these with my gear in my room.

The thing I keep hearing about the Blades is too much bass - too bass heavy and the Blade 2 helped fix that but who knows. It could have been the room. I have the room for the Blades being 12 x 23 with 16 foot cathedral ceilings set up on the long wall and I love imagining. 

Blades are in the race!

thanks so much for the feedback - it helps - maybe I shouldn't listen to people and have their input effect my decisions but I do and especially when I'm buying em blind.

Live without a net - well at these prices if I hate my choice I should be able to get my doe back to put to another but reaching out to all the aphiles on here to try and avoid that if I can.

Thanks all! Keep the feedback coming please !!!