Tekton Double Impact & Comb Filtering

Like many of you, I have been pondering purchasing these speakers but am very curious about the unusual tweeter array. I asked the smartest speaker person that I know (he is a student of Sean Olive) about the design and below is what he had to say.   

"In theory it could work, but the driver spacing means that the crossover point would need to be very low.
He is using the SB acoustics tweeter which is 72mm in diameter, center to center on the outside opposing drivers is around 5.7 inches, which is about 2400Hz. This means that combing would stop between 1/4 to 1/2 of the wavelength (between 1200-600Hz) is where the outside tweeters should start playing nice with each other.
Since he is not using low enough crossover points he has created a comb filtering monster. Now while it's not the great point source that was promised, it's no worse than most line arrays and the combing will average itself out given enough listening distance.

The MTM spacing on the other hand is ridiculous. Hopefully he is cutting the top end off on one of those midrange drivers to avoid combing."

seanheis1
It should be stated for anyone reading this thread that 213runnin does not own any good gear so take his comments regarding performance with a BIG grain of salt. You can look at his ownership history through his CAM account and posts. Better we be up front about things if someone is going to keep slinging mud at a manufacturer and a product he has never heard. Everyone’s opinion has its place but some are more credible than others. It boggles my mind that someone would go this hard against a company/person/manufacturer. He has even Invaded my Canuck Audio Mart thread about Tekton. People have personally reached out to me inquiring what the issue is with this user but I have no answers.

What’s this James, are you trying to out me? My profile in canuckaudiomart shows that 17 people have had dealings with me and have had a positive experience. I’ve probably dealt with over 20 members and not one single person has had anything bad to say about me.

But what about your thread that I’ve "invaded"? Why didn’t you link to it? I made 7 posts in your 6 page thread, and the last thing I said was:

Hmm, that’s the best argument yet that I’ve heard to be interested in the Tektons. I"m getting kind of bored with the usual box sound myself.

This is the same thread in which I asked James how many $5000+ speakers he’s owned, and he replied with this:

Over the years more than I could count or remember. That’s generally the average price of my secondary speakers.

It’s in this thread here:
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47144&start=45

For the record, I presently own a theater system that contains a Denon AVR 4520, Oppo 103, Benq projector, Sierra 1’s for LCR and 4 Totem Lynks for surround. My 2 channel system is currently a Nad c375BEE, Nad C565BEE cd player, Schiit Bifrost Multibit and a Pure idock for the iphone. Speakers are presently Totem Rainmakers and Tannoy DC4T. Also Wireworld and Morrow Audio cables worth over $1200.

Sorry this isn’t good enough for you James, maybe if I save up and buy really expensive gear I can be accepted in your thread. BTW, in THIS thread, it’s not the Tekton DI Owner thread. It’s a thread in which some weakness of the DI, and Tekton in general are being discussed. If you can’t handle this, perhaps you should stick to the owner thread, I’ve stayed out of it and will promise for you to stay out.

Post removed 
Oh, now you're all friendly again.  Just what is your deal, James?  You go from trying to shame me for the lowly gear I own to, "hey, thanks for linking my thread".  You're kind of a jerk, James, I don't think I'd ever want to have any dealings with you on Canuckaudiomart.  

And in this thread, I'm going to discuss Tekton's faults with posters like Sean.  You're going to have to deal with it.
Post removed 
Sean, sorry about this odd little diatribe. What a strange conversation. I’ll just ignore such foolishness in the future, hopefully such petty personal attacks are refrained from.

I think you’e right, indeed Tekton doesn’t mention anything about any coaxial effect. In fact, on some of their speakers, they use full range drivers with whizzer cones.