Just retired and want to get back to vinyl listening

I'm reeducating myself.... after years of no TT and focusing on just stereo listening.. I had a some early Klipsch Hersey’s and some GENESIS speakers pair with Yamaha receiver and low end turntable 30-40 years ago -- I can afford a higher end setup this days -- so what are thoughts on pairing a luxman l-550axII with Klipsch cornwalls?

I like the Herseys for music in the day.. cornwalls seem to be larger herseys but may well need audtion some of the tower types folks seem to tout..

I still thinking on TT -- but may get a VPI scout or prime -- thinking through the cartridge choices and other things is still a serious education -- recc?

music taster are varied -- jazz to singer vocalist miles davis - linda Ronstadt and a host of others for vocal musics and instruments- soft rock of the 70-80s- to some classical

thoughts -- looking to 15-20K for the refit for stereo listening - but could stretch some if I like the setup

steventoney
My first move with cables and power cords would be in the direction of Audio Art. I am a big Purist Audio cables fan but out of curiosity recently tried their $100 Classic RCA cable. Very good and great for the price. I would get their SE with Xhadow or XLR connectors cables, speaker cables and power cords. Break-in time is at least 150 hours but they can do it for you for additional fees. They offer 30 days return so no risk. Accuphase makes their own cables, I think, at least interconnects. I would stay with one brand cables at this already high performance level. If you discover that Audio Art is not enough or just wrong choice, consider Purist Audio and Stage III cables. Some say that Furutech is excellent too, maybe, I don't know.
Do as much listening as you can before moving.  I live in the Nortwest and it's almost an audio dealer wasteland.  Portland is better than Seattle for dealers.  Some smaller dealers in Seattle and little variety.
it is far less pickings than in the 70-80's but back then in school and other professional training - I had far less decretionary money than now

I only have 2-3 places that I can get too prior to the moving van and drive away.. one has devore speakers as mention in an earlier entry.  their is a best buy magnolia - but it not really in the class of things being mentioned here.  I also would like to hear martin logan 60xts and some others in that style -- but I will have to decide and buy once I get a place in spokane
Other integrateds you might want to consider.
transistor:
Gryphon Diablo 120 ( $13200 with great phono ).
Pass INT-60 ( $9k, not sure about phono ).
tube:
VAC 160 Sigma SE ( $13k ? ).
Octave - SE edition models. ( $5k - $13k ? ).

Gryphon will be the most dynamic and versatile.

Post removed