Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Hi David, 
Lastweek when I went to Tom's home I thought about bringing the CLS  along with the Frankensteins  (which are mono blocks). Simple truth,  I didn't feel like lugging 4 component chassis with a combined weight of 140 mpouds. Besides we wanted to primarily hear the DI and Frankenstein pairing with the M2Z-S as the preamplifier. 

Today's listening comparison told us both what we needed to know using my Coincident Total Eclipse II speakers. The Double Impacts would reveal the preamplifier contrasts easily I believe. 
Charles 
Hi Charles. Thanks. I understand about the logistics and can extrapolate from your findings.

Still, I do believe it would be nice and helpful and informative to have had the Coincident gear ahead of the DIs, if only for another combination possibility with the DIs. If you recall, I nearly went with the Statement Linestage (with volume control) for my preamp choice.

Perhaps a Coincident vs LTA-Triode and now LTA-Auric pairing might be on the agenda? : )
@teajay  As always, thanks so much for sharing your findings here. 

I see this as a really terrific development and a great option for folks who may be considering a new amplifier to drive the Double Impacts.

Good to know that an amp with multiple tube type possibilities and with more power...and therefore more versatility with speakers (those less efficient than the Double Impacts) and likely easier to justify across a wider range of music types...is a great pairing with the DIs.
David,
I didn't know you had interest in the CSL  at some point in time. It and the Frankenstein are a very high quality pairing. I believe that any genuinely good Line Stage and power amplifier pairing will work quite successfully with the Double Impacts. 
Charles 
Wow, all of this tube amp talk really blows my mind. I mean, it's all really Tekton talk, if we're go by the premise that the DIs, maybe the Ulfs, and who knows about the mini-Ulfs, and near perfect conduits for your upstream gear, yes?

Okay, so what now? Heh.

When I went to Raven Audio, I was really shown that a valve amp could be just as quick as solid state. I liked that, plus there was a little extra magic, a little more ease to the brain with tubes.

But then you hear, or read things like, the 300B tube is "romantic" and good for jazz, or classical, maybe not so much classic rock, and forget about metal.

Then folks say yadda yadda about the 2a3, and now even the KT-120, and I'm thinking to myself, "Okay, then what's a good all around great tube set that will thrill all of music, and not just certain genres?" Does any animal like that even exists, and just as quick as what I heard at Raven?

Hmmm...many things to ponder as I await my mini-Ulfs.