Ohm Speakers, thoughts?

I have long dismissed Ohm speakers as anything that could be competitive in todays state of the art. But of course I want to believe that this "old" American company still has some horsepower left to compete with asian built speakers built by people that take in less money in a week than my dog sitter takes in the couple hours it takes to let my dogs out to crap when I am away for a day :)? The reviews I have read here and there report incredible imaging but what about other aspects of the Ohm 5 II. Any thoughts?
nanderson
My thoughts they are decent speakers,they are not
highend speakers, As far as I remember, they were
demolished by my KEF 104,I dont think they are
musical,I dont think they can compete with speakers
like Totem,Norh speakers 6.9 or marble 9,the VR2
are also better.I forgot to mentioned I used to own
the Walsh 3,my brother in law, still own them.The
company has a excellent service.
Personal taste is whats it all about. I upgraded from the OHM 4XO to the OHM 5 about a year ago and love them, they just sound right to me. They will play VERY loud with lots of power. I use a Sunfire amp. that produces 600 watts per. ch. at 8 ohms and 1200 watts per. ch. at 4 ohms. This kind of power realy gets a grip on these speakers. I used to use an amp. that produced 200 watts per. ch. at 8 ohms and 325 watts per. ch at 4 ohms; this amp. would clip at higher volume levels. These speakers do go into the 4 ohm area, so it's good to have the power there.
Nanderson and Sean...There is a Blue Circle amp. review i think would be of interst to you guys. This review shows that it takes ample power to turn the Ohm speaker into truly high-end speakers. Just Google "Soundstage Blue Circle Audio BC8"
Interesting review on updating Ohm 4's
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/ohm/ohm.html
Line: Most of my comments are based on the "antique" series of Ohm speakers i.e. the ones that used free-standing Walsh drivers, not the regular drivers that are housed in a cage that increases diffractional losses making them sound more "ambient". The newer "Walsh series" are of no interest to me what so ever. That is my personal opinion though, so take it for what it is worth.

Other than that, i do agree that power helps with these designs, as it does with most any other design. That is, so long as the quality does not suffer in order to achieve the quantity desired. Sean
>