Thoughts on Aimee Mann....

I'm expecting her latest to arrive within hours on lp.

I've seen her twice in the same city. The first time was her last show of her tour. It coincided with the Eastern Music Festival in my town. It was a small college venue. She was upbeat and kind of inspired, upon reflection. She invited several guests to come on stage and play various instruments to one song. It was a great evening!!

I saw her a year later on her f### smilers tour in town. A different venue. She performed alone. The evening was a BIG disappointment! Not only did she have little motivation/interest in being there, the sound was awefull!

I know that she has great songwriting ability. I auditioned her latest before ordering. It seemed exceptional.

Any thoughts!
128x128slaw
I have listened to "Mental Illness" on lp now once. I have to say I enjoyed it. While it doesn't really break any new ground, the sonics are VERY good and to me, it's the best balanced lp I own of her solo stuff. Overall, it is an even keeled record with no stand out songs. There is the accompaniment of a quartet that adds to this latest effort. Glad I bought it.
And I thought she was all mine :)

"There was a farmhouse that had long since been deserted
We stopped and carved our hearts into the wooden surface
We thought just for an instant we could see the future.
We thought for once we knew what really was important..."
We'll just have to share:)

Just listened for the second time to "Mental Illness". Enjoyed even more!

I bought the 7" , 2 song vinyl a few years ago, just so I could have some vinyl from #@%&*! Smilers.