Isolation feet/cones for PS Audio NuWave DSD DAC

Hey all,

I am debating between Large DH Cones and Herbies Tenderfeet.
Anyone have experience specifically with this DAC?

Thanks!
itsikhefez
The problem with using something between the DH Cone and the component or under the cones is that whatever material you use can and usually does affect the sound. While I do favor cork for some applications as a damper of micro vibrations I avoid using anything between the cone and component or under the cone since whatever you try will slow up the energy that exits the component via the cones. Even the thin adhesive backed paper disc that came with DH Cones a long time ago interfered with the sound and had to be removed. For under the cones those metal discs with dimple in the center might be OK.

@geoffkait, I noticed that DH makes Squares (Graphite based composition pad) and a DH Super Pad made out of the same material as the Squares to be used between their cones and the component. 
Do you have any experience with the Squares and/or the Super Pad?

I am having a very hard time placing my 3 new Golden Sound Jumbo cones in the recommended way under my amp on the Squares.  According to  the GS website the rear  two should be pointed sound down and the front one should be pointed side up.  I find it very hard to achieve this recommended configuration under my rather heavy amp (60+ lbs VAC160iSE integrated), as the cones keep toppling and resulting in other issues, not to say thuds and bangs etc.  Getting all the cones to be pointed side up under the amp is much easier to manage.  And even this way they did sound better than the Herbie's I had before.  Is it a big benefit to moving to the recommended configuration?  And is there a simple way to achieve it?  BTW I just sent off to replace the Jumbo cones with the Super Jumbos.

Thanks

I see now that Geoff suggests keeping them all pointed down.  This seems very hard for me to manage.  When I get the super jumbos from MusicDirect I might give it another try, but I had a very hard time with the jumbo cones and gave up, leaving them all pointed up which was easier for me.  To get them underneath pointing down, does one slip them under one at a time which is what I tried?  Or is there some other way?  It seems you must have a good bit of maneuvering room around the back of the component, and also two people around to get the job done.  I wonder, am I missing some simpler way to set the cones under the amp?
Thanks