Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Just another friendly reminder to tighten up your drivers. The bigger the driver, the more turns I was able to achieve. I finally got around to doing it today. 
@vitop  Before getting the Double Impacts I was focused on building a home theatre system. I was actively looking at Pre/Pros and the Lyngdorf MP-50 was a possibility, though a stretch for me at it's asking price and the fact that it was a brand new product. It had just been released and there were bugs that were being worked out.

I'm guessing you are following it over at AVSForums. If not, take a look at the dedicated thread with active dealer updates and support.

You are right in pointing out that the TDAI 2170 and the MP-50 are very different products.

The target audience / buyer of the MP-50 is very different than the 2170. And the applications are vastly different. 

If your concerns are around adding external power amps and cabling, I wouldn't be. 
I just read a really good review on the Electrons. It’s not posted yet, so I can’t cite the text yet; nevertheless, yeah, we’re talking the same sentiments that the Electrons fight well above their class against speakers that are 3 to 4xs as much.

One of the main themes of his review is to let them break in, as he wasn’t a fan right out of the box.

I have mixed feelings about speaker break in. I know there is a small physical element to speaker break in, perhaps 25-50 hours, but perhaps the rest is the ear/brain connection. But, I mean, I really don’t know. I had some full range single drivers once that I let play for 200hrs and I couldn’t tell the difference from before and after.

Still, in this case with the Electrons the guy is pretty happy!
David:
I'm not concerned about it. You have to do it on all other processors. The only thing is that having to do that negates the Lyngdorf benefit of shortest possible signal path. Therefore, whereas I see the benefit of the 2170 versus other products in the market, the benefits of the MP-50 seem to be more around their type of room correction. There are other in the marketplace that can do what the MP-50 appears capable of other than the proprietary correction system. The others only have 11 channels, whereas the MP-50 has 16. I did not even know that any playback system uses that many channels. Perhaps they are for remote channels. I kind of moved on after the price of 10k. I am very happy with my Anthem at its price point.

The only point I was trying to make (and apparently not very well), was that I see the value and technological advantages of the 2170, but I do not see the value or the technological leadership in the MP-50 to justify the price.
evolvist,

Nice info on the electrons,do you know when that review maybe printed or posted.

My opinion about speaker breakin is the passive parts in the crossovers need more time to settle and form and most drivers breakin quite quickly.Anytime that I have changed parts in a speakers crossover It's like starting over again in sound till they get some time on them.

Kenny.