Aurender A10 setup - loading from CDs

Just purchased A10.  The instructions in the quick start guide for connecting to my local network worked. The A10 appears to find the Aurender app on my iPad. And the app appears to communicate with the A10.

My goal has been to move my CD collection to the A10.   Unfortunately, I am completely lost when comes to how to do this. What I’ve tried doesn’t appear to work. Here’s what I’ve tried.

Strategy 1:

Following the online App Guide on the Aurender site, tried making the direct local network connection between my MacBook Pro and the A10.  The first three steps when well:

• 1.     Locate the Finder menu bar at the top of your desktop.
  • 2.     Click GO -> CONNECT TO SERVER from the navigation bar.
  • 3.     Type in 'smb://' followed by your Aurender's IP address. (For example: smb://192.168.1.171) The IP address can be found under SETTINGS -> NAS.

Step 4 didn’t appear…

4.     Click Connect and a window will appear with folders labeled hdd1'and 'hdd2' Open the folder.

But the popup window for Step 5 did appear:

5.     A popup window will ask for a Username and Password. They can be found in the iPad application under SETTINGS -> NAS.

Unfortunately, when I went to SETTINGs -> NAS [Server], instead of giving me a Uusername and password, I was asked to provide a username and password.  I can’t find these anywhere, so this is a dead end for me.

Strategy 2:

The online App Guide also has a section describing how to add music to the A10 from an external USB memory device. To try this, I first dragged two album files from my iTunes music directory on the MacBook to a 4TB external HD. I then plugged in the HD to one of the A10’s USB ports.

I tried copying these albums following the instructors under the “Disk Information” tab in “Settings” on the app. I did the copy all command to music1 and the albums now appear in the playlist editor. Success, but none of the album art came over and its now clear how it could be added. Nor am I confident that this is the longterm solution.

I'm a newbie to computer audio beyond ITunes/iPod.  Any advice about how to get beyond this impasse?

Ag insider logo xs@2xyellowstone
Please also review the Aurender App Guide for Transferring Music link below:

http://www.aurender.com/page/appguide-transferring

My instructions above plus the Aurender App Guide link for transferring music should enable you to transfer your albums from your MAC computer to your Aurender A10 including your albums cover art.  Cheers, Howard
For the last two years I have been using XLD (free download) rather than iTunes on my MBP to burn discs. The process remains cumbersome but do-able. Maybe the following will help, maybe not. You tell me. First off, make sure your Aurender is ON. Mine, an N100H, turns itself off after 2 minutes if not used-I have no doubt there’s a work-around but what I do is use my iPad and iPad app and just play a bunch of music (dac and amp and rest of system turned off) to keep the Aurender on. When the Aurender is on and assuming you have it properly connected to your router by LAN, your MacBook will "see it". Just go to "Finder" and to your left you will see your Mac and just below that the Aurender. With XLD and "Preferences" you can direct the output destination. The Aurender has 5 or 6 pre-programmed files for you under "Music" including "Pop", "Jazz", "Classical" etc. Pick one. Next, insert your CD to rip. There is no easy work-around for this, your Mac is going to open iTunes. Close iTunes and open XLD. Follow the intuitive XLD instructions and you should be good to go wirelessly transferring CD to the Aurender. Once the CD is ripped, you do need to go back to the Aurender file via the Mac and open a new subfile and name it (Artist and Album name) and manually click and drag the songs into the album file. A pain that there is likely a solution to that I am ignorant of.
Thanks so much!  Ooo, this sounds complicated so the roadmap is especially appreciated.

mac p
fsonicsmith, How does XLD handle an albums cover art?   Where does XLD store the cover art and what is it named?  

The Aurender requires the album cover art to be stored with the music files and named folder.jpg.   This album cover art naming will enable the cover art to be displayed on the Aurender iPad app.

Any software program can be used for ripping CD's (ITunes, XLD, JRIVER, etc) but please remember that the Aurender music server REQUIRES the album cover art to be stored with the music files and the cover art named folder.jpg.  Some ripping software provides options for supporting the above requirements.  
XLD makes it easy. When you burn the disc a window pops up with a tab up top for "Obtain Metadata". 95% of the time it recovers the cover art and stores it with the music (each song presumably) such that the iPad app shows the cover art. Aurender warns you that if you go the NAS route for storage you lose the metadata.