Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@vitop:

About the Ulf jr's: How tall are they? I would assume they also have the 15 tweeter arrays with 4 low mid drivers.  What's the size and configuration of the bass drivers? Thanks
Bill M
@Corelli
...Yeah, my only reservation is whether to spring for the Electons or the Mini-Ulfs. My room is 13x12x8, so the larger models might not be optimal.

It’s just only that when @vitop mentioned Houston, and some available to audition my ears perked up. It’s always at least a fun excursion going to audition speakers. :-)
Hi Lula,
Yes, a lot of strong similarities to our quests.

Eric mentioned to me that aside from the frequency benefit on the extremes of the D.I.'s that the 2 models are about the same. I'm fine with a true 30 hz low end and in my case being 65 years old I'm told that old folk lose some high frequency extension as we progress. So if your o.k. with a 30hz low end, when you ripen up some more you will have nothing to worry about if you choose the Electrons is my early opinion.

I also struggled with the issue of size and weight. I think many do. It is a tough decision.

The one thing that really bugged me was the loss of sensitivity between them which is impacting my amplifier options. 

My room is 11X15X8 and I as well perceive that I listen at a senior level.

I will absolutely post my impressions, however my instincts are suggesting to me that it may be awhile before the delivery guy rings the bell.

LP
@sebrof I am in Houston. If you're in Texas you could still be 900 miles away! LOL
I didn't search back as to what flavor of Tekton you wanted to sample in Texas, but I have DIs with the upgrade package currently. I should have DI Special Editions in a couple of weeks.
If you come, bring Scotch and your bike. Just got back from a 25 mile ride myself. It's a bit warm in south Texas today!
Lastly, I am an underachiever in the signal path vs the average on this thread. No SET amp. No multi-thousand dollar DAC or TT. But I think you can get a good idea of the speaker's capabilities from my rig. Just drop me a PM if you are actually close and are interested in coming by.
Hello All,

The results are in,
I took my MZ2S over to a local friend who specializes in vintage gear and he has the proper test equipment.
He did a pwr output test into a "calibrated4 ohm dummy load" and we got 1.38 watts at 1% Thd,and that was with the volume control on the MZ2S at the 4 o'clock position.With the volume control all the way up we saw a soft clipping condition on the wave form on a very nice Oscilloscope that he has recently got.This test for pwr output was done at the Industry standard frequency of 1K.

I also got to pwr 2 different sets of vintage speakers that he has in his listening room,Jbl L-220 and Kplisch Cornwalls.
It was kinda cool and good but not great sound overall,I'm not saleing my DI's anytime soon.😁

Kenny.