Price No Object Amps

Just posting for human interest/curiosity purposes. I wouldn't suppose anyone on AGON has one of these, however, from a sonic performance perspective, which would you choose?
https://www.whathifi.com/features/10-worlds-most-expensive-stereo-amplifiers?utm_medium=EMAIL&ut...

128x128gdhal
"If you guys want to get an idea what market these "toys" are targeted at, take a trip to one of the Gulf states in the Middle East; Qatar Dubai, etc., and browse some of the stores near the luxury hotels. I suspect the Chinese market is not too far behind but I'm guessing that market is a bit more selective and doesn't react quite the same way to shiny objects. No offense is intended, just an observation."

Have you ever been out of Mississippi?

Mikelavigne,

"I'm sure you know the buyers of these amps well enough to judge their primary motivations"

How many references do you require?  

LP
....I will put my Sunfire sig 600 against these behemoth's (name drop) any day of the week. Bob KNOWS what he is doing.....

@arcticdeth

I know what you mean about Bob Carver gear. I had an MXR-130 for almost 30 years. While it was no match for the McIntosh MA5200, Krell Vanguard or Musical Fidelity M6si I auditioned, even the dealer commented how good the 30 y/o Carver sounded (I specifically brought it to the dealer for my comparison/audition).

LP,

you are the one that made this claim;

"Somehow I feel that anyone serious about purchasing one of these models is probably not primarily motivated to obtain the absolute sound."

so it’s on you to support it.

how can you know someone’s motivation for buying something? when most/many times they don’t even clearly know it.

and you used the term "anyone".......not....."I know of some people". generalizations are very difficult to support and polarize people.

my point was not to judge.

if you feel you are in a position to judge then help me/us to understand how you know these things about 'anyone'.

mikelavigne,

I was under the impression that this was a lighthearted thread. 

I certainly meant no intention to fuel a deep rooted debate.

My apologies to all who were offended by my comments.

LP