Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have a pair of Yamamura Dionisio 27 i bought 15 years ago, they have been upgraded by Bé Yamamura during the years, i think that among the other speakers i own, they are my preferred still now.

Pietro
I lucked upon a pair Apogee Centaur a couple yrs ago on CL.very smooth sounding speaker. I'm sure they will be here for awhile. Also lucked into 2 pair Advent Baby II AND TWO PAIR BABY'S still in original boxes. cabinet and grills in perfect condition, I was looking for newer speakers, but decided to give these a try and am I glad I did, planning to keep at least two pair and MAYBE sell the other two. they also will be here.
I have a pair of Legacy Focus. I was so comfortable with them that befor I knew it 14 years had passed! I still love them, but, as I thought it, I didn't want to completely live-in the past. I needed to know that I was still reasonably technology current. I upgraded to my ears and pocket book max and now own Coincident PR's. And I am thrilled I did the upgrade, but a little saddened to finally realize that I was really too comfortable, the music was always the same. Nothing to get really excited about. And I am a vinyl guy with 4K albums. Now, I really have to admit I get excited every time I power the amps up. And of course the bottom line is the Focus must go to a new home. Problem is, what is a fair price? The Focus are still great speakers they only need a new owner!
Rich
I have a pair of Snell EIIs which I bought with the money I made working at a stereo outlet store the summer before college. They are the first thing I bought with money I earned and I still have them. They have been with me through college parties, across the country 1 1/2 times and in several situations, most recently in my home theatre system.

I have been meaning to sell them, even had them listed on craigslist for a while. But I am finding it hard to let go of them. I recently hooked them up to my 2 channel system, and they sounded great. They have a certain energy, and ease that I have really missed with my recent bookshelf based systems. Maybe part of it is familiarity - I grew up with these.

I've since learned that they are still highly regarded, and a good enough design for Audio Note to base it's AN-E very closely on. The EIII seems to be more discussed, but I've learned a lot of people, including AN's Peter Qvotrup
feel the II, Peter Snells last design is superior.

I am thinking of setting these up in a dedicated system although I'll have to remodel my house to do it :). I'm interested to see how they perform set up properly, on stands to help the midrange coloration. I'm also going to check out the AN-E as a possible upgrade :)