Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I bought a pair of Dunlavy SC 3's eleven years ago. I have a little subwoofer (VS1 10", self powered) so I am covered on the low end. I hardly use the sub and I'll keep these speakers forever!
Great thread. I am in the process of researching the speakers I want to keep into retirement (about 7 yrs from now). I started upgrading about 6 months ago buying a pair of McIntosh 501s, a one terabyte music server, Squeezebox Duet, Benchmark DAC1 Pre. Currently drive 15 year old B&W 803 Matrix. The new gear really enlivened the 803s but well you know.......must have new speakers!

I decided to stay with B&W and will choose between the 800D, 801D, and 802D. I currently have a pair of 801 series three matrix as short-term loaners. The 801s are so good they'll make you cry! Their only problem is the wife doesn't like their looks as much as the 802s or 800s. I tried telling her they make her bottom look smaller; she was unamused. I'm leaning toward the 800s at this point but will not decide until in-home audition of all three.
dude, i´ve seen your post in many foruns

I think you must go to a 801D speaker, as you own currently M801S3 model. If you go to 802D you will feel lack of bass. In the 800D probably the bass slam will be the same. BUT, IMO, if you go to 801D you will be plenty satisfied coz the 801 to my ears still the most balanced from their series. And the 15" woofer bring to ya amazing bass response.

talk with your wife, the 801D also looks wonderful and it should have high wife-acceptance ;)
I had a pair of Celestion Model 100s for 17 years. I loved and hated them in turns, and for all the same reasons, from day one to day 6,205. (I also married someone in 1992, and that relationship only lasted through 2001, so draw your own conclusions.)