Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Pass Labs Rushmores!

I will second Jebsmith73 in saying that the Rushmore's are one of the best speakers in the world. My next upgrade will have to be another 2 pairs for surround sound.
Wilson Benesch ARCs
Just lovely, with a little Metronome integrated and CD player

I also have come to "re-love" my nautilus 805s when I heard them with an Ayre AX-7e integrated and Ayre CD player. Completely different from the WBs, and I think that's why I will keep both sets. USed a Proceed amp previously, and it sounded good, and similar to the Classe-BMW mix. I prefer the sound with the Ayre.
I am not a rich man so I have to make choices that I have to live with. I had B&W N804 for 7 hears. Just upgraded to 803S. Before that they were Bang & Olufsen M100-2 for maybe around 10 years.
I own or have owned 18 pairs of fairly decent speakers , from Spendor, Spica, Snell, Klipsch, JBL, B&W, and a few oddballs, but the two pair that I will never part with are Ohm Walsh 3's and 4's-- both have had their surrounds professionally replaced, and when my electronics exceed them, I will simply upgrade to Series 3 cans. I greatly enjoy the others for their merits, but the Ohms are very easy to live with and look at. Modern classics, indeed.
Er, there really are none - as it's all for sale eventually (lol).
However, if I had to pick a pair, I'd say Sonus Faber Extrema's.