Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
got tympani b's in 1981 after owning at least 15 different types of speakers 1n the 1k to 1.5k range in 1970's money.In 1990 I was able to get a good deal on my tympani4a(the last tympani before the switch to the 20series)I am about to move to my final home and my babies will be sent back to magnepan to be refurbished before coming home to a room just for them.The 4a is the best speaker magnepan has ever made.Like all maggies,they like lots of clean power,but you don't need to spend a ton.The drawback is that they are room killers due to their size,but the ability to move the tweeter panel around the other panels lets you find the best sound.I have a pair of velodyne uld15s to help out with bass(owned them since 91)They sound so right that you don't pay attention to where the sound is coming from,it's just there.I also own a set of mg3 (redone in 01)which I really like,BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE AT ALL TO THE TYMPANI.Now here is what drives me nuts--You can find a set of 4a for about 1500 and maggie will totally redo them for less than 1500--so you can have a new set of 4a for 3k.You will find nothing will compare at that price.
The original Spendor BC1 for 28 years - very musical and listenable for many hours w/o wearing you out.
After 14 years with my Duntech Crown Prince and having listened to approx. 100 "top of the line" speakers all over the world, I finally decided to get my old mates refurbished. Having replaced all drivers and they parts of the crossover that are suject to aging, my search is over.
Probably Sound Ultimates or the big Maggies would be ideal. If you can jump high enough you grab hold of the top frames of the speakers and "hang on" from now 'til doomsday, kinda like with monkey bars. However, if we're talking abouth speakers we would want to "hang onto" for the rest of our lives because of the musical satisfaction they provide, well that's whole 'nuther gym set.