Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

shadorne
@geoffkait

Why a supermassive black hole in the centre of our galaxy?

Because the supreme creator speaks to us through music! We may be made in the creators image but the galaxy is made in the image of a giant turntable with a black hole at the center and Earth being in the grooviest place.

>>>>>Whoa! What!! Steve Jobs speaks to us through music on the iPad? Get outta here!

I continue to be amazed at what the Bybee iQSE has brought to my system. There is such a "rightness" to voices and instruments, that pulls me into the music. Subtle vocal inflections and other musical details are easily heard, without strain. Micro and macro dynamics are also nicely improved. Like the black fuses, it does it's thing without altering tonal balance; which I really appreciate. 

I hope to get a couple more soon. Has anyone else had the opportunity to try one (or more) in their system?
I've never tried or heard any of these fuses.  The analytical part of my brain questions why they would work, and is attracted by those who would say it's all expectation bias, voodoo, etc.   However, I also recognize that there are plenty of things in this world I can't explain and that even small changes in the signal effect sound.

For instance I wouldn't have thought a preamp bypass switch on the ATLP120 turntable would color the sound.  However this video shows that the small change to the signal path from the preamp bypass (if I remember correctly it went through an extra capacitor for some strange reason) changed the waveform and the high frequency outputs.  When he took out the preamp section the waveform is visibly different, and the sound changes perceptibly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NT67ii04uQ

I wish someone with the equipment would do this for these fuses on a pre-amp to see if it does change the waveform.  Since this occurs before the speaker path it seems like this would be easy to measure.  That would be convincing.

For now I have plenty of other items that I think would make a bigger difference to my sound (room, etc.) to even consider a fuse.

Hi, guys.  

I'm one who doesn't care how something works,  only that it does.  With that said,  earlier on in this thread I  mentioned that I'm a "tester" for a  product that in my opinion will be a real game changer in the Audio industry.   I can't say much at this point other than we can forget all of the usual catch words like  clarity, focus, tonal balance and replace them all with one word  .... REAL. It addresses a previously unthought of detriment to sound reproduction.  That's about all I can say at this point, other than when you hear what it does you're going to have to have it. Even the naysayers will be left in awe. No joke..

Frank

tommilion

I tried one when they first came out, I think it was 3 years ago, with in a couple of months, I went to 15 of them. There is a old thread about these
which I found helpful. Consensus was the best placement was across terminals in the back of gear. I found that to be the case as well. I also have the room neutralizers as well, and they are a even bigger effect.