Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I just don't believe I'll ever hang on to a piece for life. Currently I own and love the Merlin VSM-MX, and I feel totally happy with them, but, I had the same feeling with my JBL L19, Polk 10, Energy 22s, Proac 2.5s, my Alon (now Nola) Louts SEs, my Vandersteen 3A Signatures. When I bought each of these I had a honeymoon period where I was totally satisified, felt lucky, and thought I would never need another pair of speakers (amps, turntables, etc.). I remember saying so each time (to a significant other), and meaning it. If you want to hang unto a piece for a long time, I think you have to stop reading the magazines, the e-zines, and stay away from Audiogon. That being said, I think I'll hang onto my Merlins for ....
I'm thinking these new GMA Calypso's will be around long after i'm gone. My wife made the comment the other day "Well, i'll never have to purchase speakers again as long as I live" I'm not one to argue with the little woman. Anybody else breaking in a pair of these?
If you are one of the lucky guys to have 1 of the 20 pairs in the world, dont sell them cause chances are youll never find one again.