which components to buy?

I am intrigued by the idea of switching from receivers to seperates....I dont have a clue as to how to go about doing it... I dont have any high end stores in my area, only best buy, so I dont know what to look for. Here are my needs.
7.1 surround or better.
1200 square foot room with 16 foot ceiling.
I have 4 IL-60's I would like to use to save on changing them to something else.
I have owned the Z9 and thought it was ok but didn't see a huge differece over my RX3300 to be honest...but I figure it was probably my speakers or wire that was the limiting factor..
my budget is about $1000 for the processer and amps.
thanks
Joel
frankrizzo69
Am I the only one who has no idea of what you are talking about? You neeed to start by naming brands.
You can use the preouts on the z9, and purchase an amp to run it into. Then as funds become available get into a better pre/pro...
With a budget of $1,000, you ain't gettin' into separates! you'd do way better staying in the receiver world, or as Z said, add an amp to your current rig.
Save some money and look into Emotiva or luck finding used gear, $1000 isnt going to get you into the party. You could get an Emotiva amp for your budget and use the Reciever as a pre out assuming it has pore-outs but in time going to a true seperate Pre/Processor will sound better.
List all you gear if you could...........things are way to vague to be of any real help.