Looking to upgrade amp, need help.

I am currently looking to upgrade my amplifier. My current system is:
Focal 836v's
NAD C375Bee
NAD C546 cd player
Project debut carbon with Ortofon 2m bronze

I listen to both vinyl and CD's. Mostly classic rock but also a wide variety of music at times.  

My budget is $1500-$2000, probably purchase used to get more bang for my buck. I don't have a preference between SS or tubes, but don't have experience with tubes (but think they would be a good match for the Focals).

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Joel
jmdavidson87
Your speakers have 92db sensitivity, 40-50 watts will be more than adequate.  When your speakers hit 101db, you are still only using 8 watts!
My room is smaller, my listening position is 10 feet away from my speakers which are rated at 89db sensitivity.  I have driven them with a 35 watt Primaluna amp with no problems.  At a minimum, try a nice tube preamp/ss amp combo with the focals.

@jmdavidson87 - Add the Rega Elicit-R to your list. It's a really great solid state integrated amp and slips in right in the middle of your proposed budget for a nice second hand unit. I've had lots of solid state, as well as tube, amplifiers over the years. I'm completely content with the Rega. It also has a good sounding phono stage built in. I have the Pro-Ject Carbon Debut DC Esprit SB with the original Ortofon 2M Red and it sounds fantastic through the Rega Elicit-R.

@nutty - We should have an integrated amp shootout sometime. BTW, I had the Anthem Integrated 1 and Anthem Integrated 2 in the past. I liked the Integrated 2, but unfortunately the volume control did not have enough steps and it was too loud at minimum volume and the steps were way too far apart with my relatively efficient speakers. Both sounded good, just didn't work for my situation.
Rogue Audio Sphinx is pretty amazing. New at <$1500. Very dynamic with a touch of tubes.  
Primaluna Dialogue is a touch over $2000 but all tube goodness. I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium, really elegant with a smooth but accurate response. But have heard the Sphinx with some Tannoy's DCT series that was amazingly dynamic, maybe similar to your Focals.