Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Magnepan MGIIIa. I owned them for 8 years and had to sell them because they did not fit into my listening room when I moved to a new apartment. They are truly one of the best values in a high end speaker. Wonderful for jazz and classical afficionados. I would consider buying the MG3.6R now, if only I had the room in my home. The best scenario would be to have a large dedicated listening room to really get the most out of these speakers without having to compromise on placement.
I have owned Magnepan MGIIIa since 1991. If you have a very large room and the proper amplification (lots of power) then these may be the speakers for you. I think the current version is 3.6. The ribbon tweater is fantastic.
Thus, a great value, but you need to spend some $$ on the amplification.
Though not highly thought of in the Audiophile community,the best all around speakers I have owned(and still do) are Canton Karat M 70's.Paired with my Aragon 8008 they are marvelous!!!
Not the best but staying under my roof...

Magnepan / Audio Research Tympani II for 18 years; resurfaced 7 years ago. Interesting that the Audio Research name, which is enscribed on the Magnepan model number plate, were partnered together back then.

Janzen "Low Boy" Z 600 (15 inch woofer; dual electostats panels); mfg '63; very interesting conversation piece. Understand these are pretty rare since most people tore them apart for the eletrostat panels in the late 60s / early 70s
Nice Thread.

I have had two pairs of Electro Voice speakers since the seventies -- Senior Centurion 4's (the ones with the same components as Georgians) and Sentry III's. I will never get rid of these speakers before I die or end up living in a space that will not accommodate them.