Best Tube Amp For Sonus Faber? Or Pass XA-100.5? $6-7,500 Budget, Purchasing Used.

As the title says, I have a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica III's that I am more than pleased with, for which I am trying to determine the best available amplifier, preferably tube. Of course, there are always budget limitations and my budget for this amp would be $6-7,500, and I would be buying used to maximize purchasing power.

Based on a lot of research, and quite a few auditions at brick and mortar stores, various home systems, Axpona, etc. I'm honestly not sure if there are any truly exceptional tube amplifiers available within that budget that meet my needs. These speakers need 100wpc tubed, or 200 wpc solid state, into 4 ohms to really open up and perform. 

If, in the end, there are no really great tubed options, I've always heard that the Pass Labs XA-100.5's were probably the optimal choice in solid state for former tube lovers. I would also appreciate any thoughts on that option from owners. 
nightfall
I'm a tube guy too, and so, share your thoughts on this. When I talked to VAC, they were pretty clear that they thought even the older PHI 300.1 would outperform the standard 200IQ. Which it should, granted that the list on the PHI 300.1i, when last available a few years back was $20k, vs $14k for the 200IQ. And the PHI 300 are the top series, in terms of performance. They also had some concerns that the 200IQ stereo version would not prove sufficient to optimally drive my speakers fully. 100wpc is somewhat marginal. I also can't bear to have tubes locked up in a box, I need to see them! Not sure why they went that way with the 200IQ's.

They did say the the Signature 200 IQ Monoblocks would certainly better the PHI 300.1, and also drive my speakers to perfection, but those are $28k new and, even used, would not come near a price I could afford.  
that's surprising to hear, considering the 200iq is much newer than the phi 300 and has more of the flagship statement series technology and engineering built in to the 200 iq.  I talked with Kevin over the phone and he stated the 200 should drive the Sonus Faber line fine.  not sure if you spoke with him.  

the aesthetics of the iq (with the tubes in the back) represent a similar model they did before - I forget which one it was, but I know they used that design on the VAC Alpha Phi Integrated.  Personal preference, I guess.  Keep us posted on your decisions.  Not an easy decision for sure.
nightfall,

you may also want to reread this thread from a VAC dealer in florida, though it is just another man's opinion, which everyone has a different one:

http://www.audioshark.org/vac-85/vac-signature-iq200-9738.html
djfst,

Thanks VERY much for your continuing help and information. I actually talked to Brent, as Kevin wasn't available, but I understand it, he is Kevin's right hand man. and he was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. We discussed a lot if things, but I "believe" it was the current model PHI 300.1a which, and again, IF I understood him correctly, would still outperform the 200IQ. And again, that makes rational sense as I have trouble imagining that they are selling a $14k amp that outperforms a $20k amp in their current lineup? But I need to validate that I have all these facts right and will talk to VAC again on Monday. I will report back here and qualify too.

I know that any other amp I am aware of with 100wpc would not be a match I would trust with the load of the Olympica III's, given it's overall difficulty to drive, and it's drops to 2 ohms. Granted I am likely a bit oversensitive on that topic, since I've just had to resell an amp at a loss, that I truly wanted, and had just purchased two weeks ago, but which could not drive the speakers. That despite a major review telling me I would have no issue. 

I will very specifically revisit that when I talk to them on Monday. 

Lastly, thanks for that link. Clearly great minds think alike, as I only just finished reading that entire discussion after looking for more info on the 200IQ's earlier. It's very impressive commentary, though, granted, they are talking about using a pair of the amps as monoblocks. 

djfst,

Quite a bit earlier in this discussion you said "  Would not go with the VAC Phi 300.1.   Definitely go with the updated VAC Signature 200 IQ with continuous auto bias.  100+ watts and has all the bass and tightness of solid state and the midrange is fantastic.    Retails for $14k but there is a like new one listed on US Audiomart.  With the auto bias of the 200 IQ, you can plug in any KT88, KT120 or KT150 and change out the 6sn7 driver tubes if you want to tailor the sound.  It is so user friendly and the stock tubes are wonderful though.  Have owned both the Sonus Faber Olympica III and the Elipsa SE.  The VAC controls the bass of the olympica which can often sound a little bloated if not having a high quality amp."

Which VAC amp were you referencing as handling the Olympica III and Elipsa so well? I originally thought you were referring to a previous amplifier, not the Signature 200IQ. If it was the Signature 200IQ stereo version, that would carry a lot of weight towards my decision.