$10k DAC in a 3k system?

Hello all,

Ive owned the same audio rig for 8 years or so (Rega Mira 3 amp> Rega RS5 speakers) 

My source into the Mira3 amp is a headless fanless micro windows7pc I built running jrivermc> musichall Dax 25.3

i am reading some phenomenal things about some of these Dacs in the 10K range ( Chord Dave, Ayre, Lampizator,PS Audio, etc).

My question is a simple one: the other pieces of my system sound great to me, but are at a much lower price point collectively than one of the dacs mentioned above. Do I need to be concerned about my Amp/speakers being fast/dynamic enough to facilitate a Dac like the Dave? Or could I plug a top notch Dac like that into my system and hear the same things I've heard described in the reviews (but on a relative level) ?

thanks in advance for any insight!
dla123
After i listened to these DAC,s 
If i had the money to spend i sure
WOULD. Then i would   change that 
AMP out.   I do like proAc line 
 Then 4 more English brands 
 THEN 2 MORE THEN  B&W 
Can't agree more with fsmithjack, that the source first approach is the right one and with bigkidz. If you leave your source and upgrade downstream, it will sound different and maybe even "better", but the limit will always be the signal fed into the chain of equipment. I guess: It's possible that you like your current system because you can listen to it for long periods without getting tired. If so, then it is probably because it sounds natural to your ear - good musicality (described in more detail by bigkidz). In my experience it is very easy to mess this up when you upgrade downstream (cables of equipment) only as better downstream equipment may sound more impressive and revealing etc, etc, but it cannot improve the fundamental quality of the sound - the musicality - coming from the source. Only a better source can do this. As a matter of fact I found that even though a downstream upgrade sounds all that better at first, it leads to listeners' fatigue quite quickly. The example mentioned by larryi has been experienced over and over many times and has been reported on by many audiophiles around the world - this may be a hint in itself of where to look for the best upgrade path. Once a source of the right "level" (as can only be judged by yourself wrt money, musicality etc) is in place, the enjoyment will improve significantly. This should last for a long time. Then a cautious selection of the right downstream upgrades (as per almarg post) will yield improvement without degrading the musicality of the system. All this of course IMHO.
 The T + A DAC 8 DSD is incredible for $4k. If you can hear this DAC you will be amazed by it. I have a Chord Dave which I love but would totally be just as happy with the T+ A DAC for 6k less money. 
I have the dave dac and see it as sort of an end game dac. It is much better than my previous dac (ayre codex) and it will probably stay in your system for many years while you start upgrading the other components.  Also-just add a pair of top line headphones to the dave and you have a state of the art system for headphone listening while you save your other pennies.
There are shoes you can buy for $5k and $200 and wear them with same comfort and style.