Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have to be true to the truth. I posted above that "I will *never* get rid of my (4) Nautilus 805s because I will *always* have a use for them." I lied.

Well, I *kinda* lied. I recently sold 2 of my Nautilus 805s - leaving me with only one pair.

I know. I know. I said "*never*". But I decided that my N805s deserve tubes, and not some 5.1 HT setup. Don't worry - they were adopted by a fellow Audiogon member who will give them all the love and care that they deserve.

I'm still keeping this pair, though. For, as I stated above, they are speakers I will hold onto for life.
NHT 2.3a's,w/aragon 2004 amp,w/wire world equinox cables.I put my system together almost 10 years ago and have had no complaints!califonia audio labs dx-1 is my front end
I have had a pair of alon 2s for about 10 years. Still sound great on jazz. i'm getting tired of the highs on classical tho and will be looking for something with a silk tweeter as opposed to metal. checking out the joseph rm 25. metal in mid and woofer but tweeter is silk dome. any thoughts on this? running sonic frontiers older tube amp sfs 40
Large Advent speakers with walnut cabinets and original (though slightly stained) grill cloths. Dated 1973. Reconed the woofer once and still going strong. I have an Adcom amp and preamp with a NAD tuner, a B&O turntable, a Denon cassette deck, and a Sony CD recorder. Still sounds good to me, analog or digital source.

Would have no idea how to go about evaluating and purchasing new speakers, but would welcome advice. My wife may let me upgrade for my birthday this year.