Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
They sound good year after year after year, and are reliable enough to keep working. Quad electrostatics (any of them) and the Klipsch Heritage series (Klipschorns, Belle Klipsch, and LaScala's) are two VERY different routes toward having something you can enjoy for years. So are the classic British monitors (like the LS-3/5a). Modern designs that I think will wear well over the years include the Sonus Fabers.

None of these speakers shouts at you, or unduly draws attention away from the music and toward itself. (The Klipsch Heritage series is more neutral than most horn designs - really quite good.) That is the test of something you can live with for a long time. That and basic reliability.
I've bought all my equipment used- kept my first decent speakers Klipsch K-horns for 3 years- just too big for me- went to QUAD ESL 63 about 15 yrs ago and still own them- had full crosby mods done and have replaced panels several times-Bought Entec LF 20 subs a dozen yrs ago and i've been very happy in several different houses/rooms. All this run with Spectral amps/preamp which i've also owned for 14 yrs.
I owned a pair of Spica TC-50's for six years. They were wonderful speakers. I sold them to a friend when I moved from Minnesota in 94. He still has them.
Hello,
I've been using Kenleigh LSM 2's (Logical Series Monitors) for some 4 years, before that Kenleigh FFM (Focus Field Monitors) of different cabinetry for the balance of ten years. 8" driver w/Horn-Loaded ribbon. They are extremly detailed. You can see them at www.rossexchange.com

I've had them on both SS and Tubes. My current set-up includes ARC SP6 to a pair of Sound Valve M-40 Tube monoblocks. Previously an Acurus RL-11 thru a Hafler XL-280. The Kenleigh's are rather efficient @ 91db and fill my 15 x 22 room quite nicely for CD, anolog and TV/Laser. I have been getting some very strange looks from my bro-in-law (fellow 'phile) for many years now, usually of amazement as though he is hearing something that he's not heard before.

Good luck in your quest. I hope I've been helpfull.
Cheers,
Jon Tiffin