Tekton room at the Los Angles Audio Show.

Any reports on the Tekton room at the Los Angles Audio Show?
128x128aolprodj
You may have missed that David is a proud owner of DI's just like me.

Kenny.
@aolprodj :

My point, as I believe, other posters in this very thread have made absolutely clear is that feedback from a show is absolutely useless with respect to one component. Do you hear one positive report in this thread regarding the DIs from the LA show??? The only one I heard was from Eric himself, and that wasn't even first party...That was Positive Feedback self reporting on their own room.  Did you expect any different?

Yet there are any number of satisfied owners of the DIs, most of whom compared them with comparable to much higher priced products and most of whom have decades of experience in this wild hobby of ours. And there are some who decided against keeping the DIs, whose reasoning and choices are equally valid. Those are the 'show reports' I would trust. Kenny (@kdude66) was being funny, but sometimes funny is also spot on. And he was!

AT BEST, in my opinion, all one can surmise is who did a better job at setting up their room, and that is it. There are so many factors that get in the way of hearing a pair of speakers, within the system they have been set up in, to sound right for the random listener walking in for an audition.

Having said all of that, and despite it, I truly hope there were attendees at the show that will be able to provide you the pros and cons you are looking for.

Another way to put it is that you are asking for the right information, but.........if you have to go to a hotel.....  :)

I respectfully disagree.   I was in 3 other rooms at the show where the speakers I was interested in sounded great - the Mark Audio SOTA, the ELAC Adante and Spatial Audio room.  Granted, some were being driven by components that I could not afford, but I realized that I was hearing what those speakers 'could' do.

It may be useless for you but it was not useless for me 

Shows are a great place to start and widdle down a list of potential speakers. I purchased my AZ Crescendo speakers based on how great they sounded at two different Expona shows. Why even bother going to shows if they are of no help? Shows are important to me and many others. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to make sure the gear sounds good. Never use brand new speakers with no burn in time etc...A builder should not bother to show a given product if they sense it will be paired incorrectly or set up in a rushed fashion.

Honestly the DI speaker is getting attention right now and seems to be a tremendously exciting new product. Now is no time for mediocre showing or debuting.  Now is the time to exceed expectations and take the show/industry by storm. Huge missed opportunity from the point of view of this marketer.  If his line of speakers is as untouchable as many claim in terms of value and innovation, and I happen to think they may well be, then please market them in a fashion they deserve. Perhaps Tekton needs some help as they are on the crossroads of experiencing something very, very  special and successful or ...... not. 
@nicks25: And I respectfully agree with you.

I've been interested in two of the speakers you mention liking at the show - ELAC and Spatial Audio. In fact I nearly purchased the Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S, and I still may in the future. But you've confirmed what I've been trying to say, which is that some speakers will sound good at the shows and others will not. And this generally doesn't correlate with the speaker (in this case) being good or not. As I stated in my previous post, it is a better assessment of who got it right in terms of setup.