901 series 2 speakers

hi, anybody out there have any thoghts of the bose 901 series 2 speakers?
128x128g_nakamoto
Here is a decent little kit for only $100... they'll enter you into the audiophile world decent imaging, fairly smooth and detailed.... I'm sure that you might want a bit more bass, but you can add a subwoofer at anytime.  I hope this helps. Tim 
https://www.parts-express.com/c-note-mt-bookshelf-speaker-kit-pair-with-knock-down-cabinets--300-714...

Bose no longer sells the 901s in the US. I would  not be surprised to see the other two passive speakers, 201 and the other one go away soon.

There were a rumor years ago about a new generation 901, there were sketches of it, looked very contemporary and it would be powered by an internal amp. With advances in DSP I could see a "decent" sounding next gen 901 debuting

One more thing, I knew a Bose engineer. He and a lot of his co workers are audiophiles. When one's "job" is to design Bluetooth speaker or an OEM car audio with $20.00 worth of parts, one does their "job" and go home and enjoy music on one's high end system.
Remember that we are talking about "First World" problems here. Any speakers are better than no speakers, and I'm sure that the OP will enjoy his speakers regardless of what others feel about them. There are much worse speakers around, and some of them cost way more.