Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Thanks Mac48025 for the info. I’m using Emotiva Xmc1 pre-amp does it has phantom mode? Or can I get similar to phantom mode performance in Xmc1?
What are the benefits of the DI upgrade package? I.e., Clarity caps/ Solken in tweeter section or Janzen or Erse in woofer section?
iamasif,

The upgrade package consists of a clarity or solen bypass cap on the tweeter input cap and uses a much more heavy duty Janzen or erse coil on the 2nd order woofer crossover along with a little better grade internal wire.Mine were a upgraded pair already when I bought them but I have also upgraded further which is a whole another story.

Best of luck to you,

Kenny.
@iamasif: 

As Kenny says, your Emotiva has way, way enough power.

As for the centre channel integration with a different speaker, try it out and see if it works. Sometimes it does.

I don't know if you are only running 3.X or 5.X or more... BUT, I've been happy with 2.0 with the DIs. I have considered a Double Impact Centre, but I still have not finalized on it. You don't mention what you have for L/R speakers....perhaps Definitive also?

Once you have the Double Impacts in your system, I believe you will be able to answer these questions for yourself. With ease!  : )

As for the upgrade, I went with it since it's cost is reasonable. Eric advises it based on the level of your overall system. In your case, perhaps the $300 could be applied elsewhere. I'd trust what Eric advises you.

Thanks @davin_ten for your response.

I currently have 5.2 system Definitive Tech 8060 series (8060 powered towers, 8040 center and 8040 surround) with Pioneer SC65 AVR, this was my system for more than 5+ years, honestly to me my def.tech speakers with pioneer AVR sounded very good but something was missing, maybe a thought get into my mind that better equipment will sound good, maybe i want to experience this so I upgraded to XMC-1 preamp + power amp with Def.tech series.

XMC-1 a.k.a linux powered machine has lot of settings to play which when applied correctly will yield great results, even with XMC-1 + def.tech speakers i was not satisfied maybe its my room acoustics or i don’t have the technical knowledge to calibrate my system. Then I started looking for speakers (Paradigm, KEF, SVS, GoldenEar, Emotiva AirMotiv ...) I narrowed down couple of models from these brands but finally purchased Tekton DIs which I was not even aware a month ago.

Me too thinking of adding a DI center channel in couple of months but for now I want to use Def.Tech center channel which is 8-ohm, is there any harm in mix-match 4/8 ohm speaker.

Even with all new gear I still enjoy and like my Pioneer AVR/Def.tech speakers which I’ll be using in my living room.