Audio Research PH7

Hello everyone. Going to post this in this forum as well as the amp/preamp forum. Just want to run this buy you guys to see what comes out of it. I recently purchased gently used Audio Research PH7 phono preamp. The Preamp had 3 hours on the tubes according to the display. I have had it for a week now and till now it has worked flawlessly. Typically I will mute the preamp to change records, etc. Today I muted changed a record and when I unmated the right channel did not play. turned the unit off and waited for about 10 mins and powered it back up, and the right channel came back. muted/unmuted right channel goes out. According to the seller the PH7 lay dormat for a few years prior to selling it. I am wondering if it could be one of the tubes could simply be failing, but it seems more like a curcuit problem than a tube problem. Any thoughts or experience with this particular issue with the ARC PH7?
barnettk
Randy-11 I would assume so, but not sure. When I purchased this unit I was a little concerned about if the caps could have discharged while sitting so long, but I would think that would take 15+ years for that to happen. I am not a electrical engineer but based on what I have read it would take longer than a few years. Could be wrong about that. 

Randy-11 according to the shipping labels on the box it was shipped from ARC in 08.. it has been used since then but obviously with only 3 hours on the tubes not much since then 
Ok just took a look and yes there are several large electrolytic Caps on the main board. A couple on the piggy back board that the front panel buttons connect to. Visually they do not look bad i.e not deformed, or none are leaning or discolored. 
@tablejockey , +1. I doubt it is the tube, but it won't hurt to try.

Sounds like it could be a cold solder joint, as temperature seems to have some affect, or a capacitor. It could have been a weak cap to start with, however, two enemies for caps are high temperatures, and dormancy. 
Lack of cycling (on/off cycles) and/or high heat can shorten a capacitors lifespan significantly.