E-Bay RETURNS, WHAT A BUCKET OF WORMS

I find out that if you buy a tuner or whatever on e-bay and open it up to put a tube or light bulb in , you have cancelled all your rights to return it......I buy a McIntosh tuner , open it up to replace the light bulbs and notice that my purchase is a piece of junk, I contact the seller and tell them I either need a adjustment or I need to return this........After 15 e-mails with the seller and e-bay about this I am informed that if I take the cover off I am a owner no mater what it looks like inside.......So be careful what you do if you want to return something.........ANOTHER INTERNET LESSONĀ 
autospec
Since you decided to fool with it you should own it. Ebay is correct with this rule. Next time keep your paws off!
Wise up ebay is a bunch crap you pay crap prices you get garbadge wake up!!!
Paypal and Ebay are the same company. Neither company has your best interest in mind.

Its time to lie. Call them back and speak to a different rep. Just say it doesn't work and leave it at that. If they bring up a prior conversation, tell them you never opened it. No matter what they say, stick to the story.
Post removed