Big Krells Have Vanished From The Used Market

Once upon a time several years ago, you could always find several of the big Krells for sale on Audiogon.  I'm talking the 500-750 wpc big irons.  Now since Krell no longer makes anything bigger than 500 wpc, anyone with the 600, 700, 900 wpc amps are holding on to them because there's nothing new by Krell to replace them with.
128x128mitch4t
<Krell dealer disclaimer>
Those who miss big Krells haven't heard the Solo 575 mono.  frankgarufi is correct.  The Solo 575 monos deliver it all, detail, speed, precision from top to bottom, and an enormous soundstage.  When the Solo 575 monos became available, I compared them extensively to my demo pair of EV900e mono blocks.  Yes the Solo 575s are half the price, and almost a third the weight, but they were immediately less harsh, less smeared, and the bass was much tighter and less "one-notey".  The soundstage doubled in width and 50% in depth too.  The Solo 575 mono is the best sounding Krell amp to date.  Those who haven't heard them are in for a treat.  They deliver over 600W into 8 ohms and over 900W into 4 ohms.  While they don't double their output at every halving of impedance, they sound SO much better.  Give them a listen.  :-)    
The last "big" Krell amplifier that I owned was
the MRA. I had four and Dan told me that I was
the only person in the world with 4 monoblocs.
I eventually returned to tubes--(4) VTL Wotans.
As to where did all the big Krell amps go, my guess is Asia.
Fabio, the model, has an impressive collection.
He never sold when he upgraded! 
Tubejuckie64, I already had 10 gauge copper wire in attic that I installed,  I installed the whole package myself,  krell told me to do all this to run alot cooler and sound better,  I complained about running hot with 20 amp breaker,  talking about money well spent,  the 20 amp breaker was chocking the life out of the amplifier literally!, this a very substantial up grade,  I couldn't believe it,  like a component change ,😎
Those MRAs had to be the most impressive amps ever put out.  Huge but awesome.  Personally don't care about class D although they are better than class A or A/B for guys with bad backs.  
audiolabyrinth, I do agree that having greater supply can have an effect on the sound of the amp in that it can lessen the time required to recharge caps. I rewired demo rooms at a store I worked at years ago in order to accommodate the higher end amps we had and it did make a big difference in how they sounded. However, it doesn't make sense that having a greater electrical supply will lower the operating temperature. The heat is a result of current, therefore, the more current passing through the amp, the more heat created. It's no different than a burner on an electric stove - the more current you allow through, the greater the heat created.