Audiophile quality streamer/server-in-one without a DAC. Does this exist?

I have a very simple system and want to upgrade my digital player which is currently my  5 year old Acer laptop.  I listen to Tidal a lot.  Sometimes I listen to high-res downloads (I only have about 20) and ripped FLAC albums (only about 100) stored on my Acer  and play them using JRiver 19.  That's about it.

My system is a Wyred 4 Sound Dac-2 plugged directly into a Wyred 4 Sound ST-500 power amp which is paired to a pair of KEF LS-50.  My Acer is my only source component.  

My question is this: is there an all-in-one digital source that can replace my computer as a server and streamer?  I don't need a DAC and I don't want several more pieces, peripherals, power supplies, etc.  I don't want to make my own.  My wife will tell you I'm not talented enough to do so.  I would agree with her.

Seriously, I just want one box that can do the same friggin thing as my computer but better.  I don't think I want a Apple computer either as I know that is a good solution for many.  

I feel ridiculous asking if there is something out there like this, but I either don't see it or my request is akin to looking for unicorns.  I'm ok with either answer.  Just hit me with the truth or some recommendations.

Thank you, Josh    

joshelston
OK, I'm even behind Josh in my understanding of all this. Does "app" mean you have to have a smart-phone or iPad to control your music server? What *is* a music server? We have about 2,000 CDs of mostly classical music and three or four good stereo systems in our home (our Rowland system is currently not set up). I think I understand what ripping a CD means - you "copy" it to the SSD or hard drive on your computer. Then what? I used to edit for people with doctorates ;-), and I too feel extremely foolish asking these questions. I'm trying to grasp the advantages of owning a music server. I already own four outboard DACs, so that won't be an issue unless I'm missing something. I assume streaming is something like Netflix for audio. Does a music server connect wirelessly to the internet via a home router? Does it require a monitor, mouse and keyboard like a regular computer? What type of software does it use? Is the sound at least equal to Redbook CDs? Please point me to further reading if you can. I don't expect any of my colleagues here to write me a book-length response. Our systems are currently Wadia > Audio Research tubed line stages > Levinson amps > various good speakers, subwoofers, etc. Would it make sense for us to add a music server? Thank you for your patience!
Mark
You have great gear in your home already.  You don't 'need' a music server unless you want to have one.  It is a matter of convenience.  If you wish to eliminate CDs and acces your albums with something like an iPad then get a server.  In general, it will not sound any worse than playing the album through the CD player unless you rip the CDs with a lossy format such as MP3.
  I also listen to Classical.  Music server software doesn't work that great for Classical.  If you don't mind rifling through your CDs to find your disc, then you are fine
A music server like the Music Vault will sound better plugged into your DAC than the overwhelming majority of CD players and transports.  
The Music Vaults come with a optical drive (blue ray) that allow you to insert your CD and copy it.  Once copied the data from your CD is played back through RAM which lowers the digital jitter to vanishingly low levels providing analog like sound with superior dynamic range and fatigue free listening and great imaging.  They are mechanically silent during playback allow you to create playlists of your favorite music for any occasion etc. the lists goes on and on. Better sound better convenience and a selection of music that far exceeds most peoples personal library.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
[email protected]
720 308 4000 

In terms of replacing a computer as a file server with a built for purpose audio device that includes a bit perfect ripper, I would recommend Antipodes.  Looked at others and found it was the best in my hunt.  I have the DX and it is excellent.  Operates with Roon and has Tidal.

Ray
@thiefoflight  glad to hear that you are happy with the Bluesound. what did you have before you had the Bluesound?  

@cyanii Naim makes both streamers and servers but not one combined.  Which is the criteria for my search.  

@rspyder:  Thank you for the suggestion.  I have heard of them and they are generally out of my price range but maybe I'll be able to find something used.  

@ mark_hubbard.  For me, computer audio is really all about convenience.  When portable audio become so popular music quality went down.  However, more and more good online content is now available (Tidal, as an example) and higher end audio companies are making stuff that optimizes online (think streaming, like your netflix reference) and computer based audio (think server, files stored locally on your hard drive).   To have multiple systems throughout your house, putting all your music onto a server that you can access from all your systems without having to carry the same CD from one room to another could be a fun-er way of doing things.  If carrying CDs and Vinyl around the house doesn't bother you and the sound you get from your systems cranks your cheese-wheel then no need to dive into this.  

I will say this about computer audio.  Because it is more convenient, and the quality is quite good I find that I listen to more music.  For me, that's a win.