Audiophile quality streamer/server-in-one without a DAC. Does this exist?

I have a very simple system and want to upgrade my digital player which is currently my  5 year old Acer laptop.  I listen to Tidal a lot.  Sometimes I listen to high-res downloads (I only have about 20) and ripped FLAC albums (only about 100) stored on my Acer  and play them using JRiver 19.  That's about it.

My system is a Wyred 4 Sound Dac-2 plugged directly into a Wyred 4 Sound ST-500 power amp which is paired to a pair of KEF LS-50.  My Acer is my only source component.  

My question is this: is there an all-in-one digital source that can replace my computer as a server and streamer?  I don't need a DAC and I don't want several more pieces, peripherals, power supplies, etc.  I don't want to make my own.  My wife will tell you I'm not talented enough to do so.  I would agree with her.

Seriously, I just want one box that can do the same friggin thing as my computer but better.  I don't think I want a Apple computer either as I know that is a good solution for many.  

I feel ridiculous asking if there is something out there like this, but I either don't see it or my request is akin to looking for unicorns.  I'm ok with either answer.  Just hit me with the truth or some recommendations.

Thank you, Josh    

joshelston

I have also been using a modified Wyred for sound Sonos connect for the past few months with an external DAC.  There is no comparison between the stock Sonos connect digital output and the modified Sonos connect digital output, the modified digital output is much better and smoother. 

I would say the modified sonos digital output is on par with my excellent dedicated cd transport which I thought would not be possible so I've been streaming tidal much more frequently through the modified connect than listening to CDs these days.

The only downside is the sonos connect does not stream high resolution files which is fine with me as I only needed it for Tidal streaming and am not interested in high resolution files.

@joshelston,  As far setup goes, I started off with SONOS connect paired to Krell processor, then Aurender N100H / Modwright Elyse DAC.  And now, Aurender N10 with Audio Research DAC9. 

SONOS connect is a very versatile player and like others say, W4S Mod is well worth it if you have no desire to listen to high res files.  

I love the Aurender sound, so much so that I end up upgrading to N10. It's the most neutral sounding streamer, IMHO.  If you're going to spend mega bucks on a streamer, I would also look at streamers from Antipodes.  

You can find used N100H under $2K. I believe you will be very happy as long as you pair it with a decent SS or Tube DAC. Aurender app is best in the business outside 'fancy' Roon app. 
For the modified sonos can you store files on it or is it just used to stream?  

I don't think that not being able to play high-res files is that a big of a deal.  The promise of high-res was really cool to me but has turned out to be a great disappointment.  I use Tidal to discover new music.  When I find new music I love I then go to high-res sites to see if it's available in high-res format.  Almost without fail the album I'm looking for is not available.  It could be my music tastes are weird.  If so, that's on me.  But, I can find them in CD form still. I've been trying to this method for 2-3 years now and have been disappointed time and again.  I haven't bought a high-res album in about a year and a half.  

The notion of a good control app seems like a big selling point that several people above have mentioned.  The aurender app sounds pretty awesome.  

Any thoughts on the Bluesound control app or the Sonos app?

Really appreciate all the thoughts here.  

Coming up on 10 years in the military and thinking about a celebration gift for myself...wife approval pending...

@mrotino , @lalitk 
Just saw this on the W4S site re: the modified Sonos
" This new custom board is installed in the SONOS and directly converts the I²S into up-sampled SPDIF. This new ultra clean low jitter signal is now available through both the Coax and Optical digital outputs. The SPDIF output's sample rate can be factory configured to 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz."

You had both mentioned that high-res wasn't an option with your Sonos.  Perhaps W4S has modified their modification of the Sonos to enable high-res?  I also have a W4S DAC2 with the I2S connection (not sure of the sonic value of this connection, but I at least have the hardware).  

Is this different than what you have/had?

I owned the stock SONOS connect and did not bother to try any mods since I upgraded to Aurender N100H.  

I am not sure W4S / SONOS upgrade worthwhile unless you're able to take advantage of high resolution MQA albums now available through Tidal. Last time I checked, I did not see MQA albums accessible on SONOS app. You have a very nice DAC, I would pair with a streaming device that will allow you take full advantage of its capabilities. 

I would recommend Aurender or Blusound Node 2 / Vault.