Disappointment with Pro-Ject...

It seems I'm late to the party on this one,  but my Project Debut Carbon Espirit SB has that dreaded ground hum issue, that I wasn't aware of when I purchased it.  I figured oh...maybe it's my surge protector...nope.  possibly my interconnects?  Nope.   New ground wire? Nope.  Different phono preamp? Nope.  And what sealed the deal was hooking up my old JVC hunk of junk deck I had lying around, and while it doesnt sound very good, it did not hum.   

I'm already a few months out, so can't return it.  Wouldn't feel right selling it with this issue  to fund something different like a Rega (which I should have just spent the extra money in hindsight for a P3) and it's a shame...it sounds lovely...it really does. but I'm at a loss and don't know where to go from here...I've tried every trick I've seen on every forum and nothing has remedied the issue.  Hate the feeling that I've wasted over 500 dollars on a defective product.  (Well, closer to 700, but the Ortofon 2m Blue I feel was worth the extra money!)

Any ideas or solutions?  I feel like I've tried everything!
tehchuckelator
You cannot send it in for warranty repair?  I know they have had defective motors and/or motor mount issues.  Have you tried to play around with the mounts?  
Sort sort of related
mine hums also
did not try Ground lift cheater
will do that but my recollection ( too lazy to go look) the wall watt is 2 prong any way....

plus the antiskate is idiotic geometry

I buy and sell turntables as a hobby and have owned probably close to a dozen DC Carbons and numerous RPM series tables and run Pro-Ject products in my permanent system.  I have never had any hum issues.  I am not denying people are having problems, but there is a good chance the issue is not with the table.  Most Pro-Ject's are brutally simple.  Pro-ject Debut Carbons are wired straight to the RCA jacks.  While this is the most direct path, if your ground is not good, or you are near components or wireless devices, there is a good chance you will pick something up.  There is a good chance that your JVC has circuitry in-between the tonearm leads and the RCA jacks that basically help it "find" ground.  Many tt's and things like powered subs use this kind of a setup.  If you are grounding your tt to your pre, and your pre is not actually grounded, that is most likely the issue.  Many preamps treat it's case as a ground which often doesn't work.  (If your pre has a two prong power cord, this is most likely the case)  All of my pre grounds are always wired to a true ground, usually on the back of a power conditioner that actually monitors grounding.  You can still pick up trash from your ground, but you should be without hum.  I do not want to dismiss the problem or the fact that people have tried just about every iteration of setup known to man, I just have never ran into a hum issue with any tt I have ever owned no matter the model or brand.  So either I have been extremely lucky (possible, but all of my lotto attempts have failed so far), or I have a setup and environment for my tt's that has garnered success.  I am banking on the latter. One thing to try and I know this is a stretch, but if you have access to another Pro-Ject tt, if you plug it into the same setup, you should get the same hum result, even with a high end Pro-Ject tt, as the wiring has the same setup as the Debut.  I hope you get your issue figured out and get to enjoy the table.  I think that bang for the buck, the Debut Carbon DC and Esprit are some of the best tables out there.  Keep it spinning!
I have a Debut Carbon.  A couple years ago I moved and was messing with different placements for components in my new setup.  First I tried wi-fi streamer, to the right of that was the Debut Carbon, and to the right of that my integrated amp.  I had a terrible hum coming from my speakers when playing a record.  Then I swapped the amp and DC so had streamer, amp, turntable.  Viola!  No more hum. 
Good point. I get a hum from my rega P3. I noticed it is directly related to the proximity of the TT to the transformers of my preamp. So I moved it as far away as my stand and aesthetics would allow and now the hum is barely audible at listening levels..

I discovered this by turning the volume up high enough to hear the hum, then I picked up my turntable and carefully moved it around in space. That’s when I noticed proximity to the pre caused the hum.. just be careful. I had to have the needle down on a non turning record to hear the hum. With the high volume, I did not want to bump the table too suddenly!