Luxman Taking a Different Direction

Luxman's parent company has decided to terminate the relationship with its current US distributor, On a Higher Note.  It will be interesting to see what they decide to do in terms pricing, distribution and promotion of the brand.  Clearly, they have their work cut out for them given the scattered past of this brand - especially in North America.

For those of you who don't know Philip O'Hanlon, the owner of On a Higher Note, he is an extremely "colorful" individual with a passion for music and high-fidelity equipment.  He represents many other lines so I am sure he is dealing with this quite well.  Nonetheless - he put 10 years into promoting Luxman in the states. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xgreginnh
Cable Company has been a Luxman dealer for a while now. They're extremely honest and reputable. I would call them with any questions. If Luxman was sold, there's a chance Cable Company bought them. Its one of their biggest brands.
@sfall, it’s hard to say if Cable Company will become the distributor. The official word is that IAC (Luxman’s parent company) is taking over distribution themselves. An Upstate New York address is already listed on the Luxman website - apparently a residential address too!

I have owned may pieces of Luxman gear starting in the early 70's through last year.  With the exception of the production units during the 80's, I have found their products to be quite good.
I like the looks of their older gear, can't say much for the newer designs. Luxman has been owned by many companies over the years and at one time by Alpine. Lux made some of the best output transformers available once. http://www.thevintageknob.org/luxman-B-10.html
I owned a Luxman 505ux integrated and couldn't have been more pleased with the sound, features and build quality. Superb match with Harbeth speakers. 
I do not want to speak for him but would like to clear up a few misconceptions in this thread. You guys are correct On a Higher Note no longer represents Luxman in the US. Luxman America Inc. in Ballston Spa, NY is the new subsidiary of Luxman Japan and I could not be any happier that they are. Jeff Sigmund is the proprietor of the company and if you give him a call you will see why I am so happy about the change. Jeff is a great guy to work with and he will do right by the brand and it's dealer network which we are happy to be a part of.

Someone mentioned the new address is a residence...not sure where you saw that from but Luxman America Inc's address is  27 Kent Street, Suite 122, Ballston Spa, NY 12020 USA. Little google maps should show you that is incorrect. They have hundreds of pieces of gear in stock and ready for dealers in the warehouse. New website is coming but here is their facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/luxmanamerica/

Again, I do not work for Luxman nor do I want to speak for them but I think it is good that the AG community is informed. Their new products are exciting and I hope the best for them in the future.