Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder
Post removed 
Post removed 
@jinjuku

The OP just "knows" he is right and you are wrong. It has nothing to do with ears and everything to do with a closed mindset. I maintain it is faulty boutique equipment and incorrect setups that account for all the weird and amazing "audible" tweaks from extraneous factors reported by audiophiles but perhaps it is delusion or faulty hearing that makes things sound different every time.

Contrary to the wisdom here - NOT hearing differences from things that should NOT logically make a difference may be a sign that the listener has superior ears, a critical unbefuddled mind and a solid highly resolving system. IMHO

jinjukuDouglas I have $2000 that says you can't hear the difference once your sighted Bias is removed as input to your evaluation.

I've now told you the circumstances which I'm willing to be proven wrong. What are yours.

This is simply put up or shut up time.
Sorry, but your creation of a rather suspect listening test hardly creates a "put up or shut up" scenario for contributors here. You are free to reject whatever you read here just as others are free to reject your notions as well.
Post removed